Homepage Article chicoazul's Derby Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great preview again. Love this picture....

1613.jpg

The joy on the faces of Sharp and Harper.
Ratcliffe jumping on Wayne Clarke.
Despondent floored Grobbelaar.

But most of all, Whelan(?) stood with weird inverted knees wringing the piss out of his knickers.
Spackman innit ?

Before anyone casts a stone against our our of towners just consider for one moment what payoff these pitiful creatures get? Midnight kick offs, early morning starts? Except for them there is no big bald man spitting his feel good custard all over these unfortunate souls, no celebratory bumper stickers, no warm glow. Oh no instead ours have got the world’s longest running Greek Tragedy in royal blue crushing their very souls and ruining weekends for them and all they love. Call them masochists if you will, or just incredibly staunch.

Hey, this is me!

Great writeup for a change @chicoazul

I really enjoyed reading this article, thanks @chicoazul for offering your perspective. Being a new comer Blues fan, I really value the insight about the cultural wars, attitudes, and feelings Everton and Liverpool fans feel toward each other during Derby matches but I also appreciated your outlook about this battle. That while going full war against our city competitors those who we hate during the Derby are also our family, friends and neighbors thus these feeling of despise while necessary should only be short lived.

I really enjoyed reading this article, thanks @chicoazul for offering your perspective. Being a new comer Blues fan, I really value the insight about the cultural wars, attitudes, and feelings Everton and Liverpool fans feel toward each other during Derby matches but I also appreciated your outlook about this battle. That while going full war against our city competitors those who we hate during the Derby are also our family, friends and neighbors thus these feeling of despise while necessary should only be short lived.
That’s very nice of you, much obliged.

Fantastic preview and by far the best previewer in football today. I cannot read the insipid match previews on the myriad sites that specialize in the obvious and the cliched. Of course this is the best thing that will come from this game as it focuses on the soundness of the blue side and the regrettably patheticness of the other side. Even if today is a draw - we win on previews!
thanks Chico!

Status
Not open for further replies.