Homepage Article chicoazul's Derby Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic preview and by far the best previewer in football today. I cannot read the insipid match previews on the myriad sites that specialize in the obvious and the cliched. Of course this is the best thing that will come from this game as it focuses on the soundness of the blue side and the regrettably patheticness of the other side. Even if today is a draw - we win on previews!
thanks Chico!
Tar man. There’s for sure better than my guff out there but I’m made up you read it.

Sums up the conflicting emotions of being a toffee on derby day. Like getting bad news, trying to pretend it's not that important but you can't quite laugh it off because any emotion will eventually end up with you in a corner sobbing!

I really enjoyed reading this article, thanks @chicoazul for offering your perspective. Being a new comer Blues fan, I really value the insight about the cultural wars, attitudes, and feelings Everton and Liverpool fans feel toward each other during Derby matches but I also appreciated your outlook about this battle. That while going full war against our city competitors those who we hate during the Derby are also our family, friends and neighbors thus these feeling of despise while necessary should only be short lived.
It is short lived for us, but they are poor losers and even poorer winners...but this isnt new, it goes Waaay back, it was lurking in them even then, like a herpes or shingles virus
As somebody who can remember the city when they came out of the old 2nd Division...bear in mind this was kids in school aged 12 or 13...
We would win a Derby and it would be all on starting Monday morning, but it would die out by say Tuesday lunchtime.
They might win one and yes it would start on Monday...and Tuesday...and Wednesday and their parting shot last thing Friday afternoon would be...we beat you last week, who are you going to lose to This week.

They can't help themselves.

It is short lived for us, but they are poor losers and even poorer winners...but this isnt new, it goes Waaay back, it was lurking in them even then, like a herpes or shingles virus
As somebody who can remember the city when they came out of the old 2nd Division...bear in mind this was kids in school aged 12 or 13...
We would win a Derby and it would be all on starting Monday morning, but it would die out by say Tuesday lunchtime.
They might win one and yes it would start on Monday...and Tuesday...and Wednesday and their parting shot last thing Friday afternoon would be...we beat you last week, who are you going to lose to This week.

They can't help themselves.
I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be a kid and have to deal with such bully behavior. Such pathetic attitude makes this win even more delicious. I was also given some background about what happened back in 1985 when they crushed all those Juventus supporters, a lot to dislike about the Reds and one would think after such experiences they would have learned to help themselves.

I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be a kid and have to deal with such bully behavior. Such pathetic attitude makes this win even more delicious. I was also given some background about what happened back in 1985 when they crushed all those Juventus supporters, a lot to dislike about the Reds and one would think after such experiences they would have learned to help themselves.
Nah, not painful, just annoying, so not 'bully' behavior as such...most of them couldn't bully their way out of a paper bag...just boorish and poor, typically predictable behavior, illustrating even back then, their built in, systemic, poor losers / even poorer winners mentality, easily shrugged away with the standard reply ending in either 'off' or 'you too'

Great preview again. Love this picture....

1613.jpg

The joy on the faces of Sharp and Harper.
Ratcliffe jumping on Wayne Clarke.
Despondent floored Grobbelaar.

But most of all, Whelan(?) stood with weird inverted knees wringing the piss out of his knickers.

Great preview again. Love this picture....

1613.jpg

The joy on the faces of Sharp and Harper.
Ratcliffe jumping on Wayne Clarke.
Despondent floored Grobbelaar.

But most of all, Whelan(?) stood with weird inverted knees wringing the piss out of his knickers.
The number is 4 is actually Pat Ven Den Hawe and the Liverpool player is Spackman Aptly named in this pic

It is sad how "they "have developed this attitude as it was never so bitter .There is a story about Dixie Dean walking along the street and Liverpool's goalie was on the other side ,Dixie pretended to head a ball across and the goalie pretended to save it .(Yes they did walk then ,not drive Bentleys to the shops )
It started for me when they came out of the second division and had Shankly as their manager who did great things and from then on they have become more and more despicable ,no doubt fired up by the plastics who have never even seen Liverpool but own a replica shirt .

Status
Not open for further replies.