chicoazuls Everton v Southampton Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, why are people reprimanded in the forum for swearing and reminded that children may be viewing, yet the linked article in the main site (that requires no log in) is littered with swearing. I’m not against the swearing it’s the apparent double standards that surprised me?

We've had a forum since 2007.
We've had a front page since 2011.

The language policy has always been the same on both. With regards to the forum;

Warning System
30 Points = Suspended for 2 Days.
60 points = Suspended For 7 Days.
80 points = Suspended For 14 Days.
100 points = Permanently Banned.

Inappropriate Language: 5 points

Warnings for Inappropriate Language expire after 30 day

We do ask that all visitors follow our relatively laid back guidelines to ensure these forums remain user-friendly, and one of these is the avoidance of;

p) Poor, profane or obscene language of any type is not welcome.

Bad language or profanity negatively impacts our search engine ranking, puts us at risk of losing our advertising income and above all, it sours the atmosphere of the forum.

There's external pressures which go some way in dictating that policy. It's nothing to do with children or being able to log in - of course, you don't need to log in to the Everton forum in the same way you don't have to log in to read the articles.

On the front page I can exercise judgement - disable search engine indexing/ad networks that don't allow ads accompanying poor language.

Keen this thread remains on topic, you can send me a message or use this forum.

Nobody does like Chico - nobody...is that good or bad who knows?
One game at a time and see how The Squire of Caldy's All Star 11 are doing come halloween / Bommy night

Well done Chico, I must admit I love it when we smash Southampton for six , dont know why, but its a great feeling beating them and in my head baldy Armstrong is being cuddled by Francis Benali each time we score. Yes I have weird dreams/ thoughts.

Hello very much.

Fair and logical question. The quick answer is that’s this has always been the case. @GrandOldTeam ultimately has editorial control for the sites’ articles and we have never sought to remove swears from them.

The rules have always been exclusively for the forum, many specifically for the Everton forum, and they will continue unchanged until there is further notice.

Thank you a lot.
I thought this was kind of obvious tbf.

All this told me was that we have just as many dickheads in Soton as we do in any other run of the mill cities, except perhaps that those dickheads in your city (Is it a city?) like to write aboot it using the kind of diction that a pissed up Giles Brandriff would be conceitedly proud of.

Everton 1 Soton 1 Typical borefest from two teams destined to just hang on in the division while their Cities are plundered by the same parasitic Bohemian Muppets that own the teams
Thanks for signing up for this comment mate. @GrandOldTeam do I get my commission now?

Well done Chico, I must admit I love it when we smash Southampton for six , dont know why, but its a great feeling beating them and in my head baldy Armstrong is being cuddled by Francis Benali each time we score. Yes I have weird dreams/ thoughts.

Just reminded me of one my earliest games my son. Coventry away and the rabid scouser next to me screaming "******* hurry up slap head" as the follicly challenged Greg Downes took his time over a throw in.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.