Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Computer games.

May as well just hang fire with it and bring out FM26 in August.

The story for me is that they had years to get the switch to the new engine right but have ballsed it up so badly that it could bankrupt them.
Yh, this is why they can't push back to 26, been talking this up for the last few years. Can't skip a year when it's the biggest update/change to the series since the 2D engine was introduced. But they started hiring Unity devs in 2019!
Oh yeh it’s all about money.

People would've been happy to pay a fiver or whatever for updated official databases and patchfixes, no doubt, for 24, but as you've all said - money.
That is probably a Sega thing. Their accounting year runs April to April. Not sure about SI's themselves, but I don't think they would force it out then of their own accord.

Yh, this is why they can't push back to 26, been talking this up for the last few years. Can't skip a year when it's the biggest update/change to the series since the 2D engine was introduced. But they started hiring Unity devs in 2019!

That is probably a Sega thing. Their accounting year runs April to April. Not sure about SI's themselves, but I don't think they would force it out then of their own accord.
They've released in November since forever, it's not that on its own. It's more likely to be them not realising they should've started working on basically remaking the game from the ground up well before releasing 2024 if they were to promise it to be ready for 2025.

I know they started the hiring process and everything and some work is likely to have been started during the years, but they kept discussing features that can *possibly* be added up until a few months ago - the path should've been drawn from the start, or at least early on, not still getting drawn a few months from release. You're essentially making a new game, even if you know what the end product wants to be and how it should look like.

The most obvious balls up and what everyone feared would happen - happened. Hopefully this spurs on some competitors, but I highly doubt it.

Alright mate.

Don't think so. It always releases roughly that time of year. Had already been pushed back a bit once tho.
Yeah agreed with this, it's a November release that they pushed slightly back at first, which is okay and has happened before (I think?), which is fine.

I still think they were blatantly unready and lacked good planning and are now in the proper crunch period for a few months when this could've been avoided, for everyone's sake.

Bad planning leads to heavy impact when switching entire engines and thinking it will all go fine - it's rarely the case and it's taken much bigger (and more experienced) studios much longer to get a product out, and it is usually buggy and broken for a while. No doubt they're finding this out now, despite it being common sense to an extent.

I remember champ man 3 over 20 years ago. Think that was delayed over a year maybe longer

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back