Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to be completely honest, I just saw the Wigan manager sitting in an Everton press conference with a chairman still gutted about David Moyes, who was mentioned more than Martinez. Not exactly inspiring stuff but... well, we'll give him a chance...

Can the season start tomorrow? I'm seriously made up with this man. This could be a great appointment and the man to talk us to the next level

Very impressed with what Roberto and Kenwright had to say during that press conference,

not sure Martinez was happy with Bill revealing the "I'll get you in the Champions League" quote though!

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright: "I'll give him a few quid to sign a few players. We all know the situation at Everton, we all know that that there are players with release clauses but they are not for sale.

so Fellaini actually does have a release clause????

I thought he said the players without release clauses aren't for sale?

I wasnt really for Martinez but I have to admit Im excited by him and his ambition now.

Striker, winger and defender needed!

lets not get carried away now expecting to get in the champions league for **** sake, knowing some of our fans they will expect that now and if we dont get in it they will get on martinez's back again zzzz

MOYES NEVER GAVE US IDENTITY AND STANDARDS! HE JUST UNDERSTOOD WHAT THEY WERE.

Honestly, as a young blue, I've never seen us challenge for anything other than staying in the league until Moyes came along. Everyone I knew except for Everton fans saw us as a rubbish team clinging on to the league. To me, Moyes did give us standards of not being awful and of us now finishing top 7 every year at least.

We have always known what Everton means but the wider world of people who don't remember pre-premier league football are only just taking note now because of the Moyes years.

Overall, good words from Roberto, hard not to like the guy already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back