Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope everyone who has ragged on him at least appreciates what a campaign that 2013/2014 season was.

I'm glad he is gone, but geez it's hard not to think back to those times when everything was just perfect.

You changed Roberto, sorry - it's you, not me.
That season was the Moyes defence and the Martinez attack. He spent the next two seasons undoing all David Moyes' good work and turned our great club into a laughing stock. For that he gets no thanks from me. He was a boy doing a man's work and he refused to acknowledge the fact. I wish him no ill will and I wish him luck, but thank Christ he's gone at last!

I feel relieved, but also angry we left it 2-3 weeks later than we should. In the end, it was the potential horrid mess of the last game being at home that has forced the issue.

Seemed a decent enough fellow and I wish him well but he was arrogant, stubborn and inflexible in his thinking and tried to impose his system on the players we had rather than assess those players in terms of strengths and weaknesses and build a system from that.

I just hope that when the club officially announce it that they tell us FDB has been appointed.......then Sunday will be a good day........

Kenwright has finally done the right thing and though it should have been before now, at least RM as a gentleman can go with a degree of decency and hes been spared whatever Saturday would bring. Onward and upwards Evertonians.

Martinez was the architect of his own downfall and needed to go but our players - our 'best squad since the 80's' - group of lads need to take a long hard look at themselves.
I hope the first thing Unsworth does when he steps into that dressing is say "well lads, you got what you wanted. Now be F*****G professional, have some pride and go and there play properly for those fans because frankly you've been embarrassing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back