Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a good day when we've had to sack a manager, I wish Roberto all the best. Everyone, the players, the supporters & Roberto himself knew it was over after the derby defeat, if not before. Nobody knows why it was allowed to drag of for this long but we should just draw a line under this now where Martinez is concerned.

Kenwright needs to be first to speak on this and explain his continued backing of him.

This guy would have brought us to ruin and residing in League one if he had his way. The guy deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

Good riddance , enjoy your huge severance package

I've said some terrible things about Martinez, I was also very impatient with him. It's a shame because the thought of what he wanted coinciding with the way he held himself could of been the stuff of dreams, but it's been a nightmare, I'm sorry for how I acted (not that he'll read this) and wish him all the best.

It couldn't have gone any other way today after recent weeks, and capped off with several turgid performances culminating in last night. Deeply disappointed that it hasn't worked out. He was the kind of person you want as custodian of your team from a personable and moral point of view....he clearly got Everton. Unfortunately, his system just was not going to work here, or perhaps even in the Premiership where high-pressing and even the Champions playing the good old-fashioned 4-4-2.

He'll be at Valencia very soon, and maybe that will suit him better.

I sincerely hope some of the gutless wonders who've donned the RBJ this season, Mirallas in particular, feel some shame.

Adios Roberto....good luck for the future.

Now lets concentrate on ours...and very quickly dismiss thoughts of Hughes, O'Neill, Howe, FSW and Pellegrini.

we may challenge for pots, but I think our special character in community issues and in general may well be dissipated going forward...I sincerely hope not.

he be happy with his compo.

Thanks Roberto and GL

This really.

There was never going to be a resignation given the compensation involved.

Glad that the board have put him out of his misery and not put him through the wringer for the final match.

Would have liked to have seen him given at least 3 months into next season but the tide of support has turned significantly.

All the best Bobby x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back