Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree with this, but our CBs are a uniquely useless bunch. A patchwork loan while we work on some background options for Jan/next summer makes a lot of sense.

I highly doubt - Tarkowski aside, now - there’s a single option that Lampard feels comfortable with. Holgate is objectively crap, Keane is a massive confidence player on a very low ebb, Godfrey is inconsistent and positionally indisciplined, and Mina just can’t stay fit.

As it stands, assuming 3 CBs, it’s JT and 2 question marks. If we can bring in another reliable, if unspectacular option for a season we cut that uncertainty in half, might help us get something resembling a tune out of Keane/Godfrey and saves our cash to splash on big, sexy DMs that Moyes scouted for us.
Be great to sort all this out then Frank will inevitably leave and we can start again

Makes huge sense. Ideal type of a plyer for the centre of back 5. Almost never misses a game and is a leader you want in your defence. Believe Keane, Godfrey, Holgate or even Coleman would actually look solid in back 5 next to him and Tarkowski. Underrated passer of the ball as well. Would also likely allow us to move Mina as he has just one year left on huge wages and is almost never healthy to play.

Very good passer

Funny you mention that, my mate who is a season ticket holder at the pit was absolutely fuming with him last game of the season. Thinks he raises his game against the rs and chucks himself in front of everything to try and stop them scoring lol
lol

Either he or I is very wrong, then.

Funny you mention that, my mate who is a season ticket holder at the pit was absolutely fuming with him last game of the season. Thinks he raises his game against the rs and chucks himself in front of everything to try and stop them scoring lol

Didn’t he rush out ridiculously for no reason to gift Mane the goal when they could barely muster a shot?

We need another CB that physically robust enough to stay clear of injury and have leadership quality.

I have no idea if this is the fella but I do know bar Tars the rest of them get a big red Fail stamped on there end of season reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.