Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he good? No. Is he much better than Holgate? Absolutely. To not have to see Holgate this season Id be all in on this.

Keane and Holgate say Hi ?

Anyway, you're entitled to that opinion.
The point isn't that he's not better the point is we'll have too "reliable" CBs (in quotes because neither have played for us yet and imo aren't indisputably top class) who will both need to likely be replaced in the next 3 to 4 years. With Mina, Holgate and Keane all likely to leave you'll be chasing CB depth and quality every summer. It's not a good plan.

Isn't it more likely his family live that close as I'd be surprised if he lived an hour and a half away from Wolves training ground. That's a big commute each day.

I`d have thought somewhere like Sandbach would be more realistic, as that stretch of the M6 is a total nightmare.

The point isn't that he's not better the point is we'll have too "reliable" CBs (in quotes because neither have played for us yet and imo aren't indisputably top class) who will both need to likely be replaced in the next 3 to 4 years. With Mina, Holgate and Keane all likely to leave you'll be chasing CB depth and quality every summer. It's not a good plan.
I don’t disagree with this, but our CBs are a uniquely useless bunch. A patchwork loan while we work on some background options for Jan/next summer makes a lot of sense.

I highly doubt - Tarkowski aside, now - there’s a single option that Lampard feels comfortable with. Holgate is objectively crap, Keane is a massive confidence player on a very low ebb, Godfrey is inconsistent and positionally indisciplined, and Mina just can’t stay fit.

As it stands, assuming 3 CBs, it’s JT and 2 question marks. If we can bring in another reliable, if unspectacular option for a season we cut that uncertainty in half, might help us get something resembling a tune out of Keane/Godfrey and saves our cash to splash on big, sexy DMs that Moyes scouted for us.

I don’t disagree with this, but our CBs are a uniquely useless bunch. A patchwork loan while we work on some background options for Jan/next summer makes a lot of sense.

I highly doubt - Tarkowski aside, now - there’s a single option that Lampard feels comfortable with. Holgate is objectively crap, Keane is a massive confidence player on a very low ebb, Godfrey is inconsistent and positionally indisciplined, and Mina just can’t stay fit.

As it stands, assuming 3 CBs, it’s JT and 2 question marks. If we can bring in another reliable, if unspectacular option for a season we cut that uncertainty in half, might help us get something resembling a tune out of Keane/Godfrey and saves our cash to splash on big, sexy DMs that Moyes scouted for us.
Loans are always fine with me.

And I have it down as 3 question marks. Tarkowski has not played a real game for us.

Well I'll leave it to someone who actually works in the industry as opposed to a couple of idiots like us in a forum !

Status
Not open for further replies.