2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
As suspected Dyche just dosen't rate Coady that much, certainly not for a 40 + game season anyway.

Let's hope his replacement is good though as Godfrey, Keane and Holgate all remaining significant parts of the squad next season is a very bleak thought with no Coady or Mina to come in for random starts anymore.

If we wanted to keep a centre half around then Mina would've been cheaper and he's a better player
If Mina is a better player or not, he missed i think more games with us, than played for us in total, or if he didnt, it was very very close, - He was another player maybe only ever a few games away from Injury

Interested where Coady ends up now.

Wolves might just play him back and start him again as they don't have much money and Lopetegui wasn't there when he left.

If I was Forest or Sheffield United I'd be all over signing him permanently, considering how bad Forest were defensively for most of the season he'd be a great pick up for them with his leadership.

I think the prevailing theory would be that he doesn't suit/fit Dyche's preferred 4 at the back system. His wage demands may have also been at or approaching six figures, which for a bench player would be excessive.

Leaves us with Tarks, Keane, Holgate & Godfrey. Then the likes of Branthwaite, Welch & Gibson will be part of the first team setup heading into the summer. In an ideal world at least two of Keane, Holgate & Godfrey will be sold and we'll pick up another centre half in the summer window.

If the pairing with Tarkowski is either of Keane, Holgate or Godfrey we will be fighting another relegation battle.

It has to be Branthwaite for me, and even then we are an injury away from one of those 3 clowns coming in.

He struggles in a back 4 and if we've got no intention in playing a back 4.. He'd be quite an expensive cheerleader

Are we that skint that we can’t afford 4.5m.Surely we are not relying Keane, Holgate and Godfrey. I am already fearing the worst for next season. Does this also mean we’ll have to persist with current forward options. God forbid !

I thought he was alright. Myself,
But Dyche didn't play him till he had no choice in the last game, no use keeping players around the manager doesn't rate, Davies , Holgate both fit into that bracket by the looks of it.
We have kept players around far to long in the passed .
Hope ots a sign we ate been a bit more ruthless and not a sign of money troubles.

£100k a week for a feller who plays 10 games a season max?
5.2 million a year that. So unless Coady was coming in on less than 15k a week Mina was cheaper and 10 games of Mina is better than 30 of Coady who the manager already decided wasn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.