2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche prefers a back 4. Coady wants to play every week. Dyche (and most Evertonians) doesn’t have him down as a first choice CB in a back 4. The conclusion to this is pretty obvious. I see the shouts to keep him as a squad player but I don’t think Coady wants that and respect to him for wanting to play.

I would like to see a Tarkowski - Branthwaite partnership next season, but if I'm looking at who comes behind them I'd want Coady on the bench and in the dressing room all day ahead of the likes of Holgate, Keane and Godfrey. I hope at least two of those names are still moved on regardless, they've had more than enough opportunities.

For a paltry £4.5m in this day and age, I would have taken him all day long but if he wants to go somewhere and play first choice I don't blame him at all.

The face of everton fc as he would make you think the amount he talks

Should just go and be a pundit its what he seems to enjoy most

5.2 million a year that. So unless Coady was coming in on less than 15k a week Mina was cheaper and 10 games of Mina is better than 30 of Coady who the manager already decided wasn't good enough.

He costs double that in medical bills. And 5mill for 10 games doesn't make financial sense in your metric

Mina wasn't good enough for Dyche until the Keane decided to show his true self. So you can't read much into that.

He costs double that in medical bills. And 5mill for 10 games doesn't make financial sense in your metric

Mina wasn't good enough for Dyche until the Keane decided to show his true self. So you can't read much into that.
I'm not arguing we shouldve kept either of them.

I take the opposite view - Branthwaite slots in instead of him/Mina, we then spend the £4.5m plus wages elsewhere.

Not saying he did badly coz he didn’t, I just think we have to be ultra-ruthless - how old is he? I also think the ‘kopite’ shouts on him are unfair, and I hope they’re in jest.
Logically, you’re probably right. I think my worry is that I’d want at least one of Keane, Holgate and Godfrey to go too…

… and I don’t trust the club to do that or find enough suitable replacements. Coady would be an easy and competent appointment.

He was barely used second half of the season - so hard to justify - we have been heavy at centre back and looseing him and Mina prob clears a lot of wages in that area.

We might be freeing up a squad place for Brantwaite and a developmental pathway - which could also help the wage bill. Or it might redistribute a wage to recruit a full back - which we defo need.

Be curious if we could have signed him and the sold him though - maybe doing what seems to be happening with Nkounkou in France.

I know his leadership skills are legendary but maybe having someone yell COME ON, BOYS in everyone’s ear holes every thirty seconds is actually really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.