Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Copa América 2024

I understand the appeal of rooting for the country you grew up in w/ your fellow ex-pats, that being said you just spent hundreds/thousands to cheer on a club who's best player is Solomon Rondon in all the while sitting in a stadium that will give you 3rd degree burns.

USA: spends billions of tax $$$ on smaller soccer specific stadiums that would be perfect for a match like ECU-VEN.

USA: plays match in a 3/4ths empty NFL stadium, and one of the worst NFL stadiums.

I understand the appeal of rooting for the country you grew up in w/ your fellow ex-pats, that being said you just spent hundreds/thousands to cheer on a club who's best player is Solomon Rondon in all the while sitting in a stadium that will give you 3rd degree burns.
One of the most annoying things about the 2026 World Cup is choosing stadiums like Levi’s Arrowhead Gillette and whatever else that are so far away from the actual cities they are supposed to represent

Ok, I get that he seemingly actually did his hamstring right there, but that’s not good refereeing tb to stop play when Jamaica were still going forward and it wasn’t a head injury. Jamaica can win this game.

USA: spends billions of tax $$$ on smaller soccer specific stadiums that would be perfect for a match like ECU-VEN.

USA: plays match in a 3/4ths empty NFL stadium, and one of the worst NFL stadiums.
USA: Can't use the soccer stadiums because they didn't stop play in their domestic league for this tournament

Bob-Marley.jpeg

So those not familiar from the specific cultural aspect...the casual swearing is definitely not seen as proper but also not seen as a problem at least from the perspective of mexican Americans. My earliest introduction to it was in the form of a section of the menu called chingaderas at a local restaurant. Definitely seen as okay for family consumption, while at the same time acknowledged as not proper.

In other words, that s+!t was funny.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back