Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Copa América 2024

Not sure what happened exactly but Mexico are not a remotely good team anymore. US and Canada are comfortably better now imo.

Know a couple of MEX fans who are brutally critical of the national side's leadership. Nobody likes their national team setup, see the constant complaints about Southgate, Berhalter etc but they're reallly, reallly unhappy. A whole generation squandered, to hear the Mexicans tell it.

Know a couple of MEX fans who are brutally critical of the national side's leadership. Nobody likes their national team setup, see the constant complaints about Southgate, Berhalter etc but they're reallly, reallly unhappy. A whole generation squandered, to hear the Mexicans tell it.
Most of them don't leave their domestic league to play club football and the level of play in Liga MX is dropping

Is it the national team leadership that is responsible for them not having good players? To me that’s the problem. They don’t have good players.

come to think of it, there are fewer Mexican players in the Prem and other top 5 leagues than there used to be, I think

whereas not only USA, but Canada and even Jamaica are producing more good ones.
I don't think they ever had many...typically one or 2 in the prem and a handful in spain...it's more that they stood still while usa and canada made strides with regard to a pipeline into European leagues.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back