Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question, his interview indicated he expected signings. Leaving at 9:30 was a big statement the the knew nothing was going to happen. In his situation would you walk he has no affinity to the club been there 24 hours and on the face of it been badly let down.

Did he know before taking the job that he was going to have to work only the players already at the club and put on the same front as this completely inept board who seen to think that stringing the fan base on is ok.

I’m a simple fan and we are all very aware that the club’s finances are in the toilet, we are building a stadium that our owner is personally funding and seem to be unable to get outside investment. If Moshiri had come out and said words to the effect of ‘we have no money we’ve buggered up and there will be no signings’ then at least he’s being honest and so move on. But no we get the interview ’if we need a striker we get a striker…’ total crap

This seems to be going in only 1 direction it’s going to get very much more toxic for the board. Our only hope is that we get a Newcastle/Ashley situation where the fans, team and manager unite despite the horror show going on above them but I think it’s gone too far.
Think he will keep us up. .no evidence, just a hope that a no nonsense British manager will beat the odds.

Just one quality attacker in last night and I'd have been swayed toward a more optimistic outcome. But not getting one persuaded me that the club are signalling they've given up the fight to stay in the PL, and that wont be lost on the players we have.

I still find it hard to believe what's happened in this window.

Maybe we'll put the pieces of that puzzle together in the future.
And many signings do not work. We have what we have and maybe he will get a tune out of them. Gordon had become a liability and I think getting rid will help. As you can see I am scratching for a positive, we are a shambles and if we stay up he needs a statue at Bramley.

Just one quality attacker in last night and I'd have been swayed toward a more optimistic outcome. But not getting one persuaded me that the club are signalling they've given up the fight to stay in the PL, and that wont be lost on the players we have.

I still find it hard to believe what's happened in this window.

Maybe we'll put the pieces of that puzzle together in the future.
We need about 7 wins.

Give or take and we have already lost games at home to our "rivals".

Yikes.

Nothing a bit of cash incentive can't fix

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 19.52.07.webp

And many signings do not work. We have what we have and maybe he will get a tune out of them. Gordon had become a liability and I think getting rid will help. As you can see I am scratching for a positive, we are a shambles and if we stay up he needs a statue at Bramley.
Apparently on a million quid bonus if he keeps us in the PL...I just wonder how the players will react to such news.

Simple question, his interview indicated he expected signings. Leaving at 9:30 was a big statement the the knew nothing was going to happen. In his situation would you walk he has no affinity to the club been there 24 hours and on the face of it been badly let down.

Did he know before taking the job that he was going to have to work only the players already at the club and put on the same front as this completely inept board who seen to think that stringing the fan base on is ok.

I’m a simple fan and we are all very aware that the club’s finances are in the toilet, we are building a stadium that our owner is personally funding and seem to be unable to get outside investment. If Moshiri had come out and said words to the effect of ‘we have no money we’ve buggered up and there will be no signings’ then at least he’s being honest and so move on. But no we get the interview ’if we need a striker we get a striker…’ total crap

This seems to be going in only 1 direction it’s going to get very much more toxic for the board. Our only hope is that we get a Newcastle/Ashley situation where the fans, team and manager unite despite the horror show going on above them but I think it’s gone too far.
Youd like to think that he went in to this with his eyes wide open.

So If he didn't have the sense to ask about the 'state of play' beforehand and that chance of any signings might be, let's call it 'Problematic' at best and at worst - plain just not happening.
Then he hasn't got the sense to quit if he realises he's been told porkies.

Anyway, nobody...except the Bielsa's of this world...quit on 'A Matter of Principle'

No Compo for principles.

Then he must be thick then...either way that's not something to recommend him.

The big thing for me is that this feller must believe he's getting the chance to get us back up when we get relegated.

But he'll be chased out of town if we collapse, as I expect us to do.

I said earlier today (and I stand by this) although Lampard had proven how poor he was tactically, keeping him and securing Danjuma + Dembele would have handed us a far better chance of getting the points to stay up.

Dyche is just a stooge brought in - at best as a last throw of the dice by a desperate hierarchy to keep us in the PL, at worse to see us into the Championship and attempt to see us out again.
I am not so sure now. I for one thought like you both before and when he was appointed. I now think he is our best chance of not being relegated. I kinda trust he knows what he is doing down this end of the league and maybe just maybe he will see things with different eyes and galvanise our players like nobody else can right now. Ok we did not spend the cash this time but in past windows we have only spent money on expensive flops. Strangely, I feel good about Dyche. Let's see what happens

We need about 7 wins.

Give or take and we have already lost games at home to our "rivals".

Yikes.

In some ways games against those around you at the bottom are more difficult. They're as desperate as you are.

I'd take a lot of games against teams between 15th and 8th. The sort of territory where very soon those at that level have nothing to roll their sleeves up and fight for.

I am not so sure now. I for one thought like you both before and when he was appointed. I now think he is our best chance of not being relegated. I kinda trust he knows what he is doing down this end of the league and maybe just maybe he will see things with different eyes and galvanise our players like nobody else can right now. Ok we did not spend the cash this time but in past windows we have only spent money on expensive flops. Strangely, I feel good about Dyche. Let's see what happens
Maybe, but a handy forward would have made life a lot easier.

As things stand I'd place Everton's chance of survival at about 20%. Because it's not just the quality of the team, it's all the club disunity. We cant expect players to perform in that environment.

To get us through 18 games picking up between 25 and 30 points:

Pickford Begovic

Coleman Tarkowski Coady Mykolenko Vinagre Mina Keane Holgate Patterson Godfrey

Iwobi Onana Gueye McNeil Doucoure Davies Townsend Garner

Calvert-Lewin Gray Simms Maupay

7 wins will do it

Then he must be thick then...either way that's not something to recommend him.

The big thing for me is that this feller must believe he's getting the chance to get us back up when we get relegated.

But he'll be chased out of town if we collapse, as I expect us to do.

I said earlier today (and I stand by this) although Lampard had proven how poor he was tactically, keeping him and securing Danjuma + Dembele would have handed us a far better chance of getting the points to stay up.

Dyche is just a stooge brought in - at best as a last throw of the dice by a desperate hierarchy to keep us in the PL, at worse to see us into the Championship and attempt to see us out again.

We were last at pretty much all metrics under Lampard.
His tactics were shocking. And it wasn't just this season.

We scraped last season through a freak second half performance against Palace.

He is under no illusions if he had money to spend he would of got the job sooner
I don't get people saying he is under pressure to deliver no he's not if he fails they never backed him if he delivers he will be rewarded
This is the biggest job he will ever get he ain't walking away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back