Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Coventry City v Everton, Tues 30th July, 7.45pm

God, wetting the bed already amd the season hast even started. Negative!!
Correct, it's a results game. My forecasts for our first game now as follows, tell me why I am wrong:
Brighton (H): 0-2
Tottenham (A): 3-0
Bournemouth (H): 1-1
Aston Villa (A): 3-1

I can't be the only one that's genuinely not that arsed? :lol:

We'll be alright. It's Everton, after all.

I'm more concerned that we haven't been able to give minutes to loads of first XI players yet..
This all day long, watch the glamour friendlies in the states etc, to call them walking pace would be understating the relaxed nature of them. Pre season is done in blocks, we’re in the heavy stage of ours, Coventry are weeks ahead, it’s really not at all complicated

Believe or not that's what he said in the post match after Salford. There for you to listen ro. These pre season games NEVER mirror reality on the first day of the PL season so I never know why anyone puts any weight on the scorelines.
Still find it nuts he would actually say that. But hey, what do i know, im not even yoir average armchair supporter these days

Maybe stannah lift supporter might cut it

Correct, it's a results game. My forecasts for our first game now as follows, tell me why I am wrong:
Brighton (H): 0-2
Tottenham (A): 3-0
Bournemouth (H): 1-1
Aston Villa (A): 3-1
You have us scoring 4 in our first 4 games.. come now, tone down the optimism eh?!?

And we're not getting done 3 nowt at the spuds either..

I think the issue in pre-season is that playing the way we do in competitive games would be akin to a top-level defensive boxer covering up for 12 rounds against an amateur.

We're not a footballing team. It looks stilted and awkward when we're obliged to act like one.

That group of players barely broke a sweat in a lot of league games, why on earth do any of you think they'd do so in a friendly?

Like going out on a first date with a nice but not gorgeous girl when your 16, date doesn't go great and there's no snogging or anything else, you realise you don't like her personality much either so hey ho lessons learned but no real harm done.
No-one got injured, we had an ok time playing footy and thats about it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back