Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Coventry City v Everton, Tues 30th July, 7.45pm

Positives are that the result doesn''t matter and there is time and options to change things.

Left back especially and centre-midfield also need attention.

I'm not expecting goal fests with Dyche but he needs better control and defense than has been on show.

I’m not going overboard with the results. There are several players to come back to the first 11. Pretty much whole defence and GK, gana in the middle and hopefully another midfielder. What worries me though is the forward positions. Regardless of nydia, Lindstrøm and maybe another winger, I still think dyche will start McNeil left, Harrison right and doucoure behind the striker. Then you have dcl or Beto up top at the moment, this is what is going to be our issue this season if not addressed and dyche sticks to it.

What concerns me is the lack of character and for want of a better word zip in our play.
They looked like they were going through the motions and like they'd never played together. Coventry played like an actual team.
Showed precisely were each squad is up to in their pre seasons.

After the game, Dyche said 'the hard lifting part is now over', basically meaning he's now done with the intensive fitness work and the more tactical work is next.

I'd rather not lose any match but a training game with our reserves is pretty meaningless but would be nice to have something to look forward to

I'd rather not lose any match but a training game with our reserves is pretty meaningless but would be nice to have something to look forward to

It’s 2 weeks til the season starts, we should be looking like a football team at this point because it’s not long until meaningful games are upon us. I’m concerned with how many injuries we have, and how there’s absolutely no sign of any of them returning. None of them will be match fit come the opening game, and all of the players that have got “minutes in the bank” will have been the dossers that we don’t want playing anyway.

It’s 2 weeks til the season starts, we should be looking like a football team at this point because it’s not long until meaningful games are upon us. I’m concerned with how many injuries we have, and how there’s absolutely no sign of any of them returning. None of them will be match fit come the opening game, and all of the players that have got “minutes in the bank” will have been the dossers that we don’t want playing anyway.

That's also what worries me. Some of the players involved are more likely than not to be involved against Brighton because there doesn't seem to be signs of the actual first teamers returning anytime soon. :(

I think this is going to be Holgates break out season.

I'm most concerned about Branthwaite, but other than that I'm expecting a fully 'fit' squad by Brighton unless the outlook changes again from here.

Everyone understands that the pre season friendlies are there to improve fitness & sharpness on the pitch. The opportunity to work on things they’ve been doing in training..

Well if it was to look goosed after 30 minutes and have no pattern of play for the entire game then we looked great.

Easy to beat away with “it’s just preseason and it doesn’t matter until Brighton” but any one who watched that and had no concerns is just burying thier heads.

People saying we have the back line and Gana to come back in. You realise that a lot of Cov’s side wasn't thier first team? We showed absolutely nothing in the final third. For this, the manager has to shoulder a large portion of the blame.

Was absolutely appalling that.

Everyone understands that the pre season friendlies are there to improve fitness & sharpness on the pitch. The opportunity to work on things they’ve been doing in training..

Well if it was to look goosed after 30 minutes and have no pattern of play for the entire game then we looked great.

Easy to beat away with “it’s just preseason and it doesn’t matter until Brighton” but any one who watched that and had no concerns is just burying thier heads.

People saying we have the back line and Gana to come back in. You realise that a lot of Cov’s side wasn't thier first team? We showed absolutely nothing in the final third. For this, the manager has to shoulder a large portion of the blame.

Was absolutely appalling that.

Really? Oh crikey

Legs did look tired last night in hindsight, which is probably the reason why none of them got absolutely nowhere near full tilt and allowed Coventry quite a bit of the ball. Probably would've been better if we had Preston last night and Coventry on the weekend instead..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back