Covid and Goodison..

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 12months you would assume the whole country would have had about 3 jabs.

Of course mutations are the unknown here, but the world wont and cant cope with another 3 years of "this".

Nail on the head - until there is effectively global vaccination, you wont be getting back to normal normal in term of concerts & stadia because of varients & that is only if the varients dont beat the vaccine, which is utterly frightening

Nail on the head - until there is effectively global vaccination, you wont be getting back to normal normal in term of concerts & stadia because of varients & that is only if the varients dont beat the vaccine, which is utterly frightening

The jab is going to be a regular thing and probably annual for lots of people though. It will change as the virus changes. I dont see it as a major concern now that we have effective ones. If they were able to create one in under a year then I dont see why they won't be able to create jabs for new variants too.

We are not to far away now virus wise per 100k whatever it is, from the amount were 2,000 fans were let in at Goodison in December - though think like most it will be a while till all full

We are not to far away now virus wise per 100k whatever it is, from the amount were 2,000 fans were let in at Goodison in December - though think like most it will be a while till all full

Not sure there will be any crowds again this season. Not sure there is much point either at this stage, especially if only certain teams are allowed again. Maybe the fa cup final or something like that will have a few thousand come the end of may.

Not sure there will be any crowds again this season. Not sure there is much point either at this stage, especially if only certain teams are allowed again. Maybe the fa cup final or something like that will have a few thousand come the end of may.
Yep, if they stick to it and dont try anything else crowd wise in Prem league etc, its only the cup finals that will have crowds - however many that may end up been

We'll be back in the ground start of next season. Politically, there is no way they can be congratulating themselves for the vaccine roll out now and still be in restrictions in 6 months time.

The development of the vaccines has been miraculous, honestly, but the speed and necessity also means we have more uncertainty - we don't fully know how effective the protection is over how long, how that will vary across age groups, health status and so on, that usual level of certainty would come with years of trial and observation. The variants may peter out, but its also reasonably likely that we'll be tweaking and taking various shots for years to come and we're in an arms race with this thing.

I'm hopeful that we'll be returning to a more stable world by late summer but in my head, I'm not back inside Goodison this year, and if I am it'll be a welcome bonus.

If this last year has taught us one thing its that we should never take anything for granted again, be that a vaccine or a match.

They’ve already had pretty much full crowds in NZ and Australia recently. So cannot see that won’t be the case in England in the next 2/3 years.

If I don’t have that bloke who sat behind me narrating every single endless second of every single endless game out loud to his wife who wasn’t even visually impaired’s seat mounted on my wall preferably next to his head I will be furious.

If the vaccines work like they're hoping then I think 50% capacity at the start of the new season and possibly 100% by Christmas but with masks worn for all next season.

i dont think so - I dont think BMD, will actually start til it is clear that crowds will / are fully back so risk is negligable IMHO; there will be at least 2 years of full crowds, probably with BMD pushed back a yeaspeculation, but it could all come about if we keep just accepting the nonsense . If crowd restrictions were being used for football then on principle it's got to be more restricted on indoor venues of any descritpion of any sort eg cinemas, theatres, music concerts, the effect would be to make such entertainment a thing of the past forever.
Thinks will be pretty normal inside another 12 months
Shouldn't even take as long as that. But it might if half the population continues to believe the crap being fed them by the Government and SAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.