Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - 1984 video, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1704410766339.png

Just a yellow

Walked to the local in -25 degrees, threw some darts, watched my local ice-hockey winning & national Usomethings losing. Wearing my padded skiing trousers with suspenders and cup winners '66 long sleeved-one.

And that's as much I wanna talk about my time at the royal stables.

According the rules it was a red. Seen them not given also.

I have come up with a compilation of tackles that are 100 times worse than the DCL one (not even a foul IMHO) in about 5 mins from recent seasons. Everton should do the same and take it to the Premier League and Sky Sports. There will be at least 30/40 examples just this season of much worse tackles not being punished with a yellow let alone a red and none of a comparable situation resulting in a red. There are some decisions that are border line and can go either way even with VAR but this is no were near close. It's just completely inexplicable.

Ultimately Beto didn’t go down dramatically enough. Jota would have leapt to the ground with a few rolls and got a pen.

I genuinely don’t think it’s soft like some are saying. It’s completely one way and Andersen is not at all trying to play the ball.
Just like ex-RS Clyne did after the DCL 'tackle'.

I thought the Dominic Calvert-Lewin red card was the correct call, to be fair; it was a studs-up challenge that could have resulted in a serious injury. What annoyed me was the fact he didn't have to make the tackle as there was already one of our players dealing with their player. On the plus side, a three-match ban may be a blessing in disguise, as we will have to try someone and something different in the coming games.
The first definitive appearance of a 'too kool for skool' cockwomble. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.