Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - 1984 video, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit disappointed with Roy there the standard answer really, it's a modern day penalty.
Which for me, sorry for repeating, its a red for a bottom 14 club and for no one else. Hope Clyne is alright, but could be the way he sprinted off when substituted.
The same manager who stated his players don't dive - one got booked tonight for diving as the one who dived on DCL perfect tackle ......

IMG_7506.webp

Thought VAR wasn't included in cup games
It is included at Premier League grounds. That makes for an unequal competition for me. No way there is a sending off where there is no VAR for the Calvert-Lewin incident last night. What VAR seems to forget is that Football is a contact sport and there will be inadvertent contact when tackles are made. A good tackle for me and Clyne got a whack in the process. You could clearly see both Andersen and Hughes commiserating with Calvert Lewin over the ref being called to the monitor because once that happens the ref is not going to be brave enough to say no. Bad decision.

It is included at Premier League grounds. That makes for an unequal competition for me. No way there is a sending off where there is no VAR for the Calvert-Lewin incident last night. What VAR seems to forget is that Football is a contact sport and there will be inadvertent contact when tackles are made. A good tackle for me and Clyne got a whack in the process. You could clearly see both Andersen and Hughes commiserating with Calvert Lewin over the ref being called to the monitor because once that happens the ref is not going to be brave enough to say no. Bad decision.
I’ve been saying this since VAR came along. What happens when the same type of tackle occurs at Sunderland Vs Newcastle? It’s bad enough that they can’t be consistent in their decisions in the Premier League so how is a competition fair when 21 stadiums have VAR and the rest don’t

We make more excuses for Dom than anyone else. He’s looked off the pace for over a month. He probably does need a rest but he’s also just in a poor run of form and should have some time out of the first 11.
I don't think it's an excuse at all. Watching him he clearly doesn't look to be at the same physical level he was earlier in the season. Considering the amount of football he missed previously through injury, I don't think it's outrageous to think that he might start getting tired and need some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back