Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - 1984 video, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we need a boost. Great win there earlier in the season so I think they'll be up for this. Dyche can't do any silly experiments here. Back to 4 at the back. If Doucs isn't ready I wouldn't risk him. Actually think we should try getting McTominay (I know it sounds mad) but he does a similar role for United when played in that position and can score goals. One year left on his contact in the Summer. Not the glossy signing we may want but it's the affordable option we may need.

Dyche will likely go near full-strength for this - but personally this is the XI I'd like to see starting:

Virginia

Patterson - Keane - Tarkowski - Godfrey

Onana
------- Gomes

Dobbin
----- McNeil ---- Danjuma

Beto

I'd give Coleman about 25-30 minutes of the second half. Pickford, Branthwaite, Myko, Garner, Harrison & DCL to be rested if at all possible (no more than 15 minutes).

We absolutely cannot afford another injury to a key player here.
I don't mind this. Really want to see Chermiti get some proper minutes though

Think we need a boost. Great win there earlier in the season so I think they'll be up for this. Dyche can't do any silly experiments here. Back to 4 at the back. If Doucs isn't ready I wouldn't risk him. Actually think we should try getting McTominay (I know it sounds mad) but he does a similar role for United when played in that position and can score goals. One year left on his contact in the Summer. Not the glossy signing we may want but it's the affordable option we may need.
Nothing mad about that signing if it came off.

Why don't you think about the team that's just been overrun by Wolverhampton Wanderers having to play 2 semifinals against the rs instead, that should give you some perspective.
That perspective won’t erase the memory of Onana’s penalty, it’s alongside that Pickford error at Anfield in the last seconds of the game.

Ahh the glory days of having first choice on man utd cast offs, we can only dream.

I think we need to give a lot of the squad an outing at Palace.

Virginia

Patterson Keane Godfrey Coleman

Onana Gomes

Dobbins McNeill/Harrison Danjuma

Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.