Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - 1984 video, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw none of the panellists think it was a red either. Those two refs (dumb and dumber) are probably the only 2 people in England who would have given that.
More than two whoever is the official in that match gives that red it’s in the rules update all refs get which I’m starting to thing has a rule just for us stating that all officials on var must when possible alert the on field referee to any possible chance to screw everton at every given opportunity

Here we go.

Everyone happy about playing a full strength team for that tie?

Injury to McNeil
Three game ban for DCL
Extra game to play before Villa

IMG_4172.jpeg

Sure i can remember one ref sticking with his original decision of no red after it was recommended by VAR and looked at on the screen! Might even have been Kavanagh himself. Maybe last season but deffo remember it
Yeah, I remember only one time ever seeing a ref go to the monitor and not change the call. Like you, though, I can't remember which one it was.

Find the 'corruption' shouts tiresome to be honest. One thing it is 100% though it plain incompetence. Ref (and the morons on VAR) are thinking they are being clever. Studs up, over the ball, letter of the law. But just look at the context, the tackle itself and the fact he's over the top of the ball to trap it and play it. It's not even a foul, let alone a red.
I agree that it's not necessary to shout corruption at the league / FA on this one, specifically because Kavanagh himself seems to have it out for us directly. He's the same joker who disallowed the winner against United in 2020 for Gylfi allegedly being in the goalie's line of sight when he was merely sitting on the ground (and gave Carlo a red post-game for merely questioning it, remember?) and also was the ref for the Rodri non-handball when we lost to City 1-0 in 2022.

The only conspiracy is that this particular clown ever gets to ref any of our games at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.