Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perversely, I am have been somewhat buoyed by Martinez finally admitting that we're in a relegation struggle here. A glimpse of realisation.

Maybe after Qatar he has realised (or at least eventually admitted publicly) our situation, so he and the players will finally up their game.

Hopefully this will be a catalyst for a change in our fortune and signs of adaption: more pace; more attitude; and some glimpses of guile.

I am therefore going for a win. It won't be easy, but we'll get it through determination - I feel more optimistic than I have in a long time.

If you do not see or accept the problems at hand, then you cannot work towards rectifying them. Now he has, maybe we will.

Jordan Mutch is 1/100 on with will hill to score first today, has somebody just lumped the world's entire wealth on it?

Anyway hate to be a misery guts but can't see anything other than a Palace win today.

I'd take a draw right now. I reckon we stand more of a chance of getting the three points in the Derby next week. Liverpool will be in the middle of a tough run and if we can scare the living daylights out of City we can do the Kopites.

Shola Ameobi is gunna score 8 and this day will be recalled 31st of Shola 2015, cant bear to watch the ball get crossed in the box in the 89th minute and that big lump fondles the ball over the line

Perversely, I am have been somewhat buoyed by Martinez finally admitting that we're in a relegation struggle here. A glimpse of realisation.
Maybe after Qatar he has realised (or at least eventually admitted publicly) our situation, so he and the players will finally up their game.
Hopefully this will be a catalyst for a change in our fortune and signs of adaption: more pace; more attitude; and some glimpses of guile.
I am therefore going for a win. It won't be easy, but we'll get it through determination - I feel more optimistic than I have in a long time.
If you do not see or accept the problems at hand, then you cannot work towards rectifying them. Now he has, maybe we will.
I think It's the players that haven't realised it. They are still thinking of last year and needed waking up.
I think Bobby has probably battered it into them in Qatar that they aren't as good as they think and they have to prove themselves every season. This statement is a reinforcement for their benefit as much as ours.
At the end of the day, press statements aren't really for the fans, they are ways of sending messages to the team to either reinforce the messages given privately, or in some cases contradict them to show that they are backed publicly, no matter what is said privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back