Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the game today. I couldn't get a ticket for the Everton end so I sat with the Home fans in the Arthur Waite next to the Evertonians. I punched the air and cheered the winning goal. I couldn't restrain myself and I was prepared to get thrown out as a result. Fortunately it was fine 🙂

Quality wasn't too high but fantastic resilience and character shown by the lads and I'm glad the travelling Evertonians went home happy and justified the long trip. Fantastic support as always 👏
Did the same years ago when Dunc scored - just two of us, me and a lad behind and the Palace fans were great.

If anything, the one that was given is even less of a penalty than the one that wasn't given.

JB shouldn't have gone to ground though on the second one. Always risky to challenge like that inside the area
Certainly if the ref doesn’t give the first the VAR doesn’t have enough to overturn and give it. Same as the second, not sure the VAR would overturn either decision.

Branthwaite, or Braithwaite as he’s apparently called, was definitely a bit naive but he’ll learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.