Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this slightest touch stuff in the penalty area rubbish, don't commentators watch corner kicks when a player is getting dragged about and man handled
Same bellends are always in hysterics when the kopites or United get a soft pen given against them (once in a blue moon)

Edit: just to be clear, I mean pundits, no one here on the forum

The Baldy Trinity

IMG_20231112_083906462.jpg

Said it before, Jemain Jenas hasn't got a scooby. Getting payed good money for nothing. Wasn't even a good player. Was always injured if my memory serves me right.
If I have got this right when he was at Newcastle he was made to take out studded diamond ear rings
Before coming on has a sub the great sir Bobby Robson who was manager commented after the game
Saying the ear rings where worth more than is first house

Look it up, arguably not a foul but definitely not a dive, Scott dann goes shoulder to shoulder with him and sends him flying...

But yeah, eze is a baller, just needs to swerve the diving...

Would be a good fit for City...somewhere between grealish and doku
870654ED-9905-4867-9A2F-179ED571DF91.png

Mate, I’ve already said no one should dive no matter how good. I’ve seen both Eze incidents now. I would say there was contact in both. He might have stayed on his feet after the contact for the first one but the chance was gone by then so he went over. He definitely could have stayed on his feet for the second one.
You berating Eze while defending Niasse is ridiculous. You’re either against diving or you’re not.

What on earth was Jonathan Pearce on about on commentary for Palace’s second?

“We’re sending spaceships out to the outer colonies of the universe, if such things exist.”

No we’re not, and no they don’t.
Yes, slightly ridiculous. I think he was trying to make a point about how long it was taking to review the offside decsion.

Palace fan here - got a soft spot for you lot because you're not Liverpool.

Thought both penalty incidents were the same, Eze felt contact and went down. We got a goal and a yellow out of the two incidents, could easily have been two goals or no goals or yellows. Both were touch and go but Eze does go down easily as soon as he gets in the box, presumably to make the ref make a decision.

Always enjoy Everton coming to visit, other than the fact we never beat you. Loads of Blues in Selhurst railway club where I drink and had a good chat with a few your travelling fans, who are always nothing but sound. Good luck for the rest of the season, imagine we'll be finishing in similar positions.

I thought that after the Romero and Udogie incidents in the Spurs v Chelsea game. May as well ban tackling. If you make a good one it’s a yellow or maybe a red and if you touch a forward in the box, as likely as not, they will go to ground.
Yesterday with the 2 incidents, neither would have been a free if it occurred around the halfway line.. if it's not a free outside the box then it shouldn't be a penalty inside the box. Second call right, first call wrong.

So how the hell are defenders supposed to defend? Football is getting really tedious to watch.
By taking the ball off the player? I mean IMO this one could have gone either way. Decision would not have been changed if the penalty had been awarded. If you go in fully commited in the penalty box and miss the ball then its in the lap of the gods aswell as having slow mo VAR reviews....
I do agree with the previous comments in that the faintest of touches on the player with the ball can result in a penalty but off the ball a player can be rugby tackled to the ground and nothing becomes of it.

I think there should be a time limit on VAR decisions. Once the review has started if they can’t see anything in 90 seconds then it isn’t clear and obvious,
Yes, im a strong believer in us moving in that type of direction. Please give the power back to the on field ref with support from VAR when they need it. How is it that rugby and other sports can get the balance correct and not have all this controversy every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.