Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the problem now days, that short of contact (there was contact) is determined to be worthy of a penalty more often than not.
Shouldn't be as he certainly wasn’t brought down by Branthwaite but that’s how they apply the rules.
Anywhere else on the pitch it’s probably not even a foul.
It had the right outcome. The referee's had a good game generally apart from not awarding garner a free kick and sending off Eze as a result.

Stupid pundits and their stupid opinions that players don't dive. Eze was caught for the penalty but, whereas in normal life you would place your other foot on the ground in an attempt to prevent you falling flat on your face, footballers whip it away to make sure that the ref sees them fall. Is that a dive? Yes, he was fouled but it was stilI a dive (and a penalty). Is it cheating? Well, it is in my world. Hodgson can say all he wants about Eze's integrity, unfortunately the evidence doesn't back him up. Having said all that, Eze is far from the only culprit.
Corrupt sport.

Stupid pundits and their stupid opinions that players don't dive. Eze was caught for the penalty but, whereas in normal life you would place your other foot on the ground in an attempt to prevent you falling flat on your face, footballers whip it away to make sure that the ref sees them fall. Is that a dive? Yes, he was fouled but it was stilI a dive (and a penalty). Is it cheating? Well, it is in my world. Hodgson can say all he wants about Eze's integrity, unfortunately the evidence doesn't back him up. Having said all that, Eze is far from the only culprit.
Corrupt sport.

Someone said on here yesterday, Hodgson just looks like a school dinner lady which made me chuckle for a few hours lol

The kid spent more time on his arse than he did dribbling past our players at will, of course he's a diving little scrotum. He actually has no need to do it either because he's got magic in those feet of his.

View attachment 234990
Mate, I’ve already said no one should dive no matter how good. I’ve seen both Eze incidents now. I would say there was contact in both. He might have stayed on his feet after the contact for the first one but the chance was gone by then so he went over. He definitely could have stayed on his feet for the second one.
You berating Eze while defending Niasse is ridiculous. You’re either against diving or you’re not.
I can't speak for other members but what bothered me about the Niasse incident is that the panel stated that he had been fouled but that he had exaggerated. If memory serves there was only one other player who received a retro-active ban for simulation. Can't remember who it was.

And as we all know, no other players dived or exaggerated at the time or have done since then.

I can't speak for other members but what bothered me about the Niasse incident is that the panel stated that he had been fouled but that he had exaggerated. If memory serves there was only one other player who received a retro-active ban for simulation. Can't remember who it was.

And as we all know, no other players dived or exaggerated at the time or have done since then.

It was a West Ham player and I'm pretty sure he did full on dive whereas Niasse actually got fouled.

It is ridiculous that he was banned. However, Shearer and all the other “he’s entitled to go down” wombats have helped create a situation where players think that any contact in the box means fall over now.

Someone said on here yesterday, Hodgson just looks like a school dinner lady which made me chuckle for a few hours lol

The kid spent more time on his arse than he did dribbling past our players at will, of course he's a diving little scrotum. He actually has no need to do it either because he's got magic in those feet of his.
This is the most annoying thing about him.

If I have got this right when he was at Newcastle he was made to take out studded diamond ear rings
Before coming on has a sub the great sir Bobby Robson who was manager commented after the game
Saying the ear rings where worth more than is first house
Unbelievable. I'm sure I've played with better players than him, most of who were, joiners, sparks, brickies and so on.

We defo rode our luck a bit yesterday,about time if you ask me. But that said, I can't really remember them having any gilt edge chances? Even their goals were a pen and a horrendous mistake by Tarkowski.

We defo need to do better alleviating pressure with some sustained periods of possession, but I never felt their 2nd goal was coming despite the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.