Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I read - probably on here or somewhere else bet it's not far off as he is an international but still blow par - not needed!

You should've realised by now, that anything to do with players wages and transfers on here, isn't the same as the real world Joey.

I do agree he's being massively over paid for his level of gashness, but he's probably one of the lowest earners outside of the young lads.

cuco_passing.PNG

His crossing is utter garbage

cuco_passing.PNG

I wouldn't say it's utter garbage, I think it's generally pretty good

However, it isn't good enough to make up for him being an horrific defender

If I could use an analogy, it's like how when you're doing a degree at University and the dissertation is weighted

You can do a couple of good essays, but if you tank your dissertation then you can kiss a 2:1 or 1st goodbye

However, if you do a couple of bad essays but nail your dissertation, you could still end up getting a decent degree

To me, when you're a defender your defensive performances are your dissertation, so you need to get them right above anything else

Crosses into the box are stand alone essays, which you might get a good score on, but if you can't defend then you ultimately fail overall

This is the issue with Martina

He's got a couple of good essays under his belt but his dissertation is one of the very worst I've ever seen at Everton University

Last edited:

A defender that cant defend. A reserve at a club like southampton shouldnt be near the starting line up of a club with supposed champions league intentions. Kenny deserves his go in particular in the matches against weaker opp.

How does this prove anything?

It doesn't in isolation. However he has only directly set up 3 goals in the last 5 years. In that time Baines set up 21.

He also has a career average of 0.5 key passes a game (current average with us 1.2) which isn't great.

Having looked at the stats at one point with us Baines was averaging over 3 a match which is better than almost all the best midfielders in the league let alone defenders.

Baines now doing 1.2 a match, his worst season is a career high for Martina.

cuco_passing.PNG

His crossing is not garbage at all.

He was one game were he puts some crosses in where NOBODY makes a move for him and he is suddenly rubbish at crossing. He has put in loads of good balls this season where you look and think "oh if only somebody went near/far post/ got in the box then" etc.

It's like we don't have a forward line that moves like a glacier.

His crossing is the least of his worries. If you had one of those silly maps for any other player they would probably show up similar as crosses generally do not end up successful passes due to their nature.

But yeah Boooooo Cuco. etc

He was one game were he puts some crosses in where NOBODY makes a move for him and he is suddenly rubbish at crossing. He has put in loads of good balls this season where you look and think "oh if only somebody went near/far post/ got in the box then" etc.

His crossing is the least of his worries. If you had one of those silly maps for any other player they would probably show up similar as crosses generally do not end up successful passes due to their nature.

you're deffo cuco himself, Ronald or cucos wife you mate

he could turn around volley the ball in your kids face and you'd still say it was a decent cross someone got on the end of it

he is awful

A defender that cant defend. A reserve at a club like southampton shouldnt be near the starting line up of a club with supposed champions league intentions. Kenny deserves his go in particular in the matches against weaker opp.

We do have Seamus Coleman you know?

The lad has obviously been brought in as a short term stop gap who the manage trusts whilst Coleman gets back to full fitness. during that time Kenny can come through with a few games as well as opposed to just chucking a player with up until then one senior appearance into the firing line.

He is in no way shape or form a representation of our "champions league intentions" merely a cheap plug in option until our regular (and one of the best full backs in the country) returns.

He gives me eye Aids.

Kenny deserves his chance ahead of this fella.

you're deffo cuco himself, Ronald or cucos wife you mate

he could turn around volley the ball in your kids face and you'd still say it was a decent cross someone got on the end of it

he is awful

No i just don't see the point on jumping on a flaw in his game that is not true when he has stuff that can easily be jumped on.

His defending is awful. That's enough to have a go at him. His crossing is perfectly fine.

I put this nonsense in the same bracket as Gueye cant pass a ball etc. Silly stuff that gains traction because it gets said enough times.

No i just don't see the point on jumping on a flaw in his game that is not true when he has stuff that can easily be jumped on.

His defending is awful. That's enough to have a go at him. His crossing is perfectly fine.

I put this nonsense in the same bracket as Gueye cant pass a ball etc. Silly stuff that gains traction because it gets said enough times.

im not saying his crossing is awful either, but it's not great...

my point and assuming most others peoples point is we don't play a system or a striker which benefits from good crossing, we don't have the size or that midfielder making a late run ( rooney against stoke was a good example to be fair )

so having a truly shocking defender on the pitch so he can whip an alrite ball into the box for no one to get on the end off is just ridiculous init

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back