Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
But people were okay with Hibbert playing because he put on pretty much the same thing forward every game and it was fine, why is it not for Martina?

Is he Lahm? No.
Is he a decent stop gap (and we don't know if Kenny won't start featuring more down the line anyway)? Sure.

Hibbo started playing first team footie about fifteen years ago mate, times have changed and the required skills for a full back are different to what they were now. I love him dearly, but if a youngish Hibbo turned up at a half way decent PL team now, he wouldn't be getting many starts. He was very solid defensively, but offered next to nothing going forward

Martina ain't that great defensively, but has, at times, shown something going forward, but, on Saturday, his delivery was poor.

If he has a decent game, then I'll say so as in ...

Better as a wing back than a full back. He was half way decent today.

But if he's poor, I'll say so too.
He cost us nothing, so, for that, he's not too bad, but he ain't no great shakes.

Hibbo started playing first team footie about fifteen years ago mate, times have changed and the required skills for a full back are different to what they were now. I love him dearly, but if a youngish Hibbo turned up at a half way decent PL team now, he wouldn't be getting many starts. He was very solid defensively, but offered next to nothing going forward

Martina ain't that great defensively, but has, at times, shown something going forward, but, on Saturday, his delivery was poor.

If he has a decent game, then I'll say so as in ...

But if he's poor, I'll say so too.
He cost us nothing, so, for that, he's not too bad, but he ain't no great shakes.
Not saying he was great tho, fair's fair.

Early Hibbo was legit great defensively and *okay* going forward, wasn't he even in the PL team of the year or thereabouts in 2004 or so?

Not saying he was great tho, fair's fair.

Early Hibbo was legit great defensively and *okay* going forward, wasn't he even in the PL team of the year or thereabouts in 2004 or so?

Aye, something like that. It's amazing how much has changed in what's expected of a full-back in just over ten years. It's not that long ago that full backs who could bomb on forward successfully stood out from the pack.

Anyway, Martina ... a bit meh, but, if Seamus comes back at anything like his old self, it'd have been crazy to throw lots of money at a right full back, mind you, we threw a fair amount of money at attacking midfielders / number 10's !

Aye, something like that. It's amazing how much has changed in what's expected of a full-back in just over ten years. It's not that long ago that full backs who could bomb on forward successfully stood out from the pack.

Anyway, Martina ... a bit meh, but, if Seamus comes back at anything like his old self, it'd have been crazy to throw lots of money at a right full back, mind you, we threw a fair amount of money at attacking midfielders / number 10's !
Don't think it would, RB and LB are what we need imo. Martina's not the answer, Coleman is a wild card right now on the right. Suppose Lennon can do a bit there, but he's a stop gap at best. The left is shambles, as it's Baines or no one else.

Don't think it would, RB and LB are what we need imo. Martina's not the answer, Coleman is a wild card right now on the right. Suppose Lennon can do a bit there, but he's a stop gap at best. The left is shambles, as it's Baines or no one else.
Funny you should say that, as Martina is also LB cover......

*runs...

Wasn't sure where to put this but it made me laugh:

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...s-evertons-cuco-martina-and-davy-klaassen-to/

I would like to see Alberto Moreno and Ragnar Klaven given more of a chance, especially in the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back