Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Echo these were his stats from Sunday:

5/7 tackles
6 interceptions
9 clearances

Those stats are really good for a "RB" playing LB. Normally I'd be like wow but he was still crap and the numbers are so high because of how much defending we had to do.

Hes played everywhere but LB for them so far, which considering hes right footed makes loads of sense.

DMC (Defensive Midfielder 5
MC (Midfielder Centre) 2
(Defender Right) 1
Sub (Substitute) 1
(Defensive Midfielder Right) 1

Great research! Mick McCarthy obviously doesn't fancy him at LB.

Handy player to have around, can play across the back four, has an eye for goal as well. We really shouldn’t be signing someone as poor as Martina and blocking youngsters progress like Kenny and Connolly.

Can't believe there are many who think he should have been signed, and I don't just mean supporters but those coaches left at the club after the departure of the Dutch Maestro and his gang.

You obviously never saw Bernie Wright

I remember Big Bernie planting a great diving header into the West Ham net at Goodison. Think Bobby Moore was marking him that day. Bernie 'celebrated' by throwing up on the halfway line. Ahhh the good old days!

It's not that it's just Knudsen is a pretty decent Championship left-back as @ijjysmith might have seen. Monster throw on him so no need for Connolly to play there.

Strange then that we let him join them on loan, unless the intention was for him to try different positions because he is, after all, right-footed.

I didn’t actually think he was that bad against Salah. Apart from the goal (which did include a push nonone noticed) there was then one botched clearance afterwards. Other than that where was the so called heat forward player in Europe and the new worlds best right back Gomez? Nowhere.

I didn’t actually think he was that bad against Salah. Apart from the goal (which did include a push nonone noticed) there was then one botched clearance afterwards. Other than that where was the so called heat forward player in Europe and the new worlds best right back Gomez? Nowhere.

He did pretty well but every attack terrified me. I remember late on he got out muscled by like Mane (?) and then didn't even sprint back into position just walked back. Plays with his head down in disappointment all the time.

giphy.gif

Embrace the unsung hero Mike, the stats don’t lie. Cuco marshalled that defence like a god damn general going into battle

Captains armband against Newcastle for me

According to the Echo these were his stats from Sunday:

5/7 tackles
6 interceptions
9 clearances

Those stats are really good for a "RB" playing LB. Normally I'd be like wow but he was still crap and the numbers are so high because of how much defending we had to do.
How many times did he attempt to tackle and missed and how many times field he pass the ball out up the wing, for it to go out of play, and how many times did he fall on his arsp?
Newcastle will target him on Wednesday night no doubts - it is hard for him to play left back as he struggles defensively at right back!

How many times did he attempt to tackle and missed and how many times field he pass the ball out up the wing, for it to go out of play, and how many times did he fall on his arsp?
Newcastle will target him on Wednesday night no doubts - it is hard for him to play left back as he struggles defensively at right back!

I just said in my post he was still crap?

You really need to learn how to read in your venerable years, Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back