Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think maybe he had decent stats because absolutely every attack came down that side because they targeted him due to him not being anything like a footballer. Every person I've spoke to has said he was abysmal and was bailed out time and time again.

After he was left on his arse again in the second half, the commentator said Schneiderlin was having a right go at him. The cameras then went to Williams picking him up, and having an encouraging word, which by the gestures he was making seemed to be a mix of be stronger, and keep your head up. Thought it an interesting set of interactions between three of the most criticised squad members.
Williams did the right thing there, as for Schneiderlin the idea of him having a go at anyone is beyond a joke.

A year or two ago Iorfa was more than decent. Not sure why he suddenly became surplus to requirements at Wolves, but if he has re-found his form from a couple of seasons ago he's not far off premier quality IMO. Must be about 23 now.

The thing about Connolly is that he can cover numerous positions. He won't really excel in any of them but won't let you down either.
He's basically the modern day version of Alan Harper. A good player to have in the squad i would have thought.

as always stats are misleading, he had more tackles etc than anyone? of course he did he was up against salah who they literally tried to give the ball to every single time.

the 50/50 for the goal is criminal in a game your losing 5-0 and already defeated, but doing it in a derby when weve kept it tight and scores level is scum absolute scum

the stats don't show him clearing interceptions direct to Liverpool players or straight into danger, or casually jogging back when they are breaking, not going in for 50/50s in general ( the one near the end were Williams had to go and have a word with him )

stats can make anyone look good it's just how you present them, if you watched the game in full and thought he was anything other than poor then I don't think you know much abar footy in my opinion, like you're trying to find the good in everyone

vault me

He's the football equivalent of Forrest Gump.

forrest-gump-running-560jpg.jpg

Diabolical that somebody on our board ok'd a decision by the manager to offer a contract to a player deemed not even good enough for Southampton. They didn't even want to keep him as a backup. And nobody else wanted him. Nice one Everton.

as always stats are misleading, he had more tackles etc than anyone? of course he did he was up against salah who they literally tried to give the ball to every single time.

the 50/50 for the goal is criminal in a game your losing 5-0 and already defeated, but doing it in a derby when weve kept it tight and scores level is scum absolute scum

the stats don't show him clearing interceptions direct to Liverpool players or straight into danger, or casually jogging back when they are breaking, not going in for 50/50s in general ( the one near the end were Williams had to go and have a word with him )

stats can make anyone look good it's just how you present them, if you watched the game in full and thought he was anything other than poor then I don't think you know much abar footy in my opinion, like you're trying to find the good in everyone

vault me
Think you're pretty safe on that one mate:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back