Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's really not that awful and this mob mentality is pretty ugly. Save it for the Barkley thread.
Name me a worse footballer who has played for us in the last 3 years (and in doing so I ask that you judge Niasse on his whole term rather than just the first few months when I concede he was probably worse).

I don't think this is mob mentality, which I agree can be pretty ugly. This is just a lot of people agreeing with each other, which happens now and then.

Name me a worse footballer who has played for us in the last 3 years (and in doing so I ask that you judge Niasse on his whole term rather than just the first few months when I concede he was probably worse).

I don't think this is mob mentality, which I agree can be pretty ugly. This is just a lot of people agreeing with each other, which happens now and then.

For me, he's not the best footballer around, far from it but he puts in a shift, he's playing out of position and he's been a constant in a first team that conceded 1 goal in the last 3 games. Yea, he got turned by Salah but he's not the first and won't be the last. Williams has had a worse season and he's not playing out of position.
If the lad was wandering around with his hands on his hips or agitating for a move or being a plonker off the pitch or being constantly injured then maybe have a go at him but, like Williams, he's done alright over the last few games and he's a right back.

Sandro.

Seriously he has been awful.

Not judging him of course, young lad, obviously has ability and has not had a chance to play his way in yet but if we had never seen him play elsewhere we would be putting him in the Niasse catagory.

Actually chuck Klaassen in there too.

For me, he's not the best footballer around, far from it but he puts in a shift, he's playing out of position and he's been a constant in a first team that conceded 1 goal in the last 3 games. Yea, he got turned by Salah but he's not the first and won't be the last. Williams has had a worse season and he's not playing out of position.
If the lad was wandering around with his hands on his hips or agitating for a move or being a plonker off the pitch or being constantly injured then maybe have a go at him but, like Williams, he's done alright over the last few games and he's a right back.

keep hearing this playing out of position, no mate he's not really is he, he's a full back playing full back, his main job is to defend something he is literally incapable of doing regardless of what side at full back he's at. it's not like he's getting played upfront is it?

we've conceded 1 goal in 3 games largely because of the opposition, credit where credit is due, I dislike Williams and i'll go as far as saying he has been quite decent in the last 3 games, but martina hasn't, he's never once ( for either us or Southampton ) showed he is good enough for this level, he tries hard which just isn't an excuse not to think he is crap ( and not all the time does he try hard, sometimes he goes forward and can't be arsed running back into position ), but that's the bare minimum to be a highly paid professional

the man isn't good enough no matter what way you look at it, and it's players like him why we will never ever get into the top 6

Sandro.

Not judging him of course, young lad, obviously has ability and has not had a chance to play his way in yet but if we had never seen him play elsewhere we would be putting him in the Niasse catagory.

sandro? the lads started a couple of games if he had a solid run like cuco he would improve, don't forget martina has been in this league for a few years

klaassen is rubbish though ( for this league, it doesn't suit him )

Sandro.

I'll go along with Sandro based on his performances, but we both know there's a better player in there. I can't say the same for Martina.

Klaassen has been nowhere near what I expected, especially at the price tag, but are you seriously comparing his performances this season to Martina?

I'm not questioning his effort mate, or his attitude. Just his footballing ability.

I agree on Williams, more so for the complete lack of leadership he's shown this season. I'd throw Schneiderlin and Mirallas in the pot for the same reasons. But that doesn't make Martina a better footballer than them.

It's all a matter of opinions. Mine is that we've only conceded 1 goal in the last 3 league games despite Martina and Williams being a permanent fixture in the back 4, not because if it.

sandro? the lads started a couple of games if he had a solid run like cuco he would improve, don't forget martina has been in this league for a few years

klaassen is rubbish though ( for this league, it doesn't suit him )

Well yeah I just said that....

But if you were basing Sandro on what he has done solely for us so far he has been shockingly bad.

Martina has not really had a solid run himself to be fair, being shunted around the back 4/5 and going in and out of the team.

I am not saying he is good either!

I'll go along with Sandro based on his performances, but we both know there's a better player in there. I can't say the same for Martina.

Klaassen has been nowhere near what I expected, especially at the price tag, but are you seriously comparing his performances this season to Martina?

This season yes. In a vacuum for Everton, Klaassen has been worse than Martina.

Well yeah I just said that....

But if you were basing Sandro on what he has done solely for us so far he has been shockingly bad.

Martina has not really had a solid run himself to be fair, being shunted around the back 4/5 and going in and out of the team.

I am not saying he is good either!

Oh come on mate, martina has started about half the games this season and not once ( for me ) looked anything other than shabite

whereas I agree sandro hasn't look quality he has had far less of a chance than martina has

He's quite good at crossing from the right and going forwards. Pretty awful at defending. If hes played on the left he's not very good at anything. Saying that Mr Allardyce knows more about defending than I ever will.

Getting ridiculous how much grief this guy gets. Yes he’s not particularly good but hes not as bad as some make out, he’s not shaming the Everton badge or any nonsense like that.

Look at how he reacted when DCL won the penalty, that’s proper passion. Sure passion doesn’t count for much if you’re gash but at least he cares and tbh didn’t do THAT bad playing at LB against probably the second best attacking lineup in the league.

He’s a weak link for sure but give the guy a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back