Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know we have started getting a bit of solidity in the defence now, but surely we could put kenny at LB and then move holgate to RB maybe and then keane to come in next to williams? We can't keep playing martina imo.
Martina is working.

Why put Kenny at lb, really makes no sense when he's getting into the groove in his true position at RB.

Holgate is better at CB too.

Getting ridiculous how much grief this guy gets. Yes he’s not particularly good but hes not as bad as some make out, he’s not shaming the Everton badge or any nonsense like that.

Look at how he reacted when DCL won the penalty, that’s proper passion. Sure passion doesn’t count for much if you’re gash but at least he cares and tbh didn’t do THAT bad playing at LB against probably the second best attacking lineup in the league.

He’s a weak link for sure but give the guy a break.
This.

i know we have started getting a bit of solidity in the defence now, but surely we could put kenny at LB and then move holgate to RB maybe and then keane to come in next to williams? We can't keep playing martina imo.

We have had 3 clean sheets in 4 games. Of course we can keep playing him.

Keane has been just as bad as Martina this season. Kenny has been pretty good at RB so why change that and Holgate has been doing well in a partnership with Williams in the middle.

Actually no, its an utterly mad suggestion!

Good, let the media build him up and we will probably receive a healthy transfer fee if we sell.

I’d rather have a proper left back to replace Baines. Can’t believe the expectation we set ourselves now, as Long as Martina did not do anything disastrous does not mean is acceptable. Modern wing back require much more than this.

He's been playing exactly the same at left back as he was at right back. Horrifically. Don't throw stats at me, I know what my eyes see - a barely League 1 level player.

All about opinions mate. Not quite sure which stats I have thrown at you though...

All about opinions mate. Not quite sure which stats I have thrown at you though...

Not you, but other people have posted stats on how many tackles he made against Liverpool to try and say he had a good game. But there isn't stats for how often he's been skinned or how often he's found himself in a random position in the pitch dozily jogging around like he's playing in a charity 5-a-side.

Not you, but other people have posted stats on how many tackles he made against Liverpool to try and say he had a good game. But there isn't stats for how often he's been skinned or how often he's found himself in a random position in the pitch dozily jogging around like he's playing in a charity 5-a-side.

Funny thing is, if it was Connoly or someone like that putting in the performances that Martina is it'd be did well there, 7/10 performance etc..

This league one standard or league two standard player is doing quite well considering..

Don't let anything get in the way of your hate for a player though blues

He did really well yesterday. Funbled a little the first few mintues, but improved as the game went on. Might be a better backup then we’ve given him credit for so far, just needed a better manager.

Funny thing is, if it was Connoly or someone like that putting in the performances that Martina is it'd be did well there, 7/10 performance etc..

This league one standard or league two standard player is doing quite well considering..

Don't let anything get in the way of your hate for a player though blues

Well yes, maybe because that's due to Connolly being a kid with no Premier League experience as opposed to Martina being a 28 year old who's been over here for two and a half years.

It says an awful lot that our fans have to treat a 28 year old seasoned pro like one of the kids with no first team games under his belt that's just been thrown in at the deep end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back