Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuco : "Boss, it's Cuco, not Coco"
Fat Sam : "oh, sorry Coco, I'll try to remember this...btw, what's your real name"
Cuco : "Rhu-endly"
Fat Sam : "eh? WTF!...can I just call you Ruud?"
Cuco : "but that's not my name, that'd be rude"
Fat Sam : "right!, Ruud it is then!"

next interview

Interviewer : "Martina had a strong game today Sam"
Fat Sam : "yes, Ruud played well"
Interviewer : "who's Ruud?"
Fat Sam : "Coco"
Superb

I don't get it? a truly shocking player celebrates a goal his team have scored and now we're all supposed to bum him and get martina on our shirts?

he's shocking, a 10 yard easy chipped assist won't change my opinion on him
I agree, I like that he tries hard and isn't a schneiderlin but he's still a terrible player

He's still utterly dreadful and should be no way near our first-team squad. A few games where he hasn't been the centre of negative attention doesn't change that. That theory was used by some to defend Hibbert and Osman for years.

It's funny because he was an absolute mess against Arsenal too but he had a pointless assist so everyone's forgotten that and he's in great form.

Happy for him that he got an assist

He still isn't any good

He still ships out of tackles as well, turning around and trying to tackle with the back of his foot

At one point in the first half the ball was in the air in our box and at perfect height for a header. However, Martina instead decided to let it drop and claw it away with his foot, which almost let Palace get a hold of it

He backs out of tackles a lot actually. I think it's a testament to how bad he is in other areas that no one ever seems to call him on it

Maybe this extended rest will have been good for Baines and he'll return refreshed and ready for the final 12 games or whatever it is. Martina has mostly been awful but thankfully it hasn't cost us too much. I'd say the bigger problems have been at centre midfield and central defence. Baines will have to adapt his game to prolong his career - he's no longer the flying full back. Let's see how he is until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back