Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could have sworn he got an assist for Niasse recently?

That said, I do agree as his constant checking back really slows the game down.
Full backs are a huge part of the modern game, sadly we have a dinosaur as manager. How often is he are out ball. And like you say just comes back on to his right foot, it also hinders sigurdsson in terms not threatening the opposition down the line.

I just mentioned in the sigurdsson thread. Garbutt, while long term not good enough, would bring a new dimension to our team, help sigurdsson by giving the opposition another attacking player to worry about.

Martina has been our best defender this season.

He has surprised me.

While not a left back, he has adapted well.

At right back, I would loan JJ and keep Coco to judge at a safe distance how JJ will develop. All the time praying that Seamus is in perfect condition.

I actually think Coco would be much better def mid than Morgan.

And OK, I know the rules on GOT and expect dogs abuse.

Coco cost nothing and has never downed tools for us. There is 200m of talent that has done that regularly.

Martina has been our best defender this season.

He has surprised me.

While not a left back, he has adapted well.

At right back, I would loan JJ and keep Coco to judge at a safe distance how JJ will develop. All the time praying that Seamus is in perfect condition.

I actually think Coco would be much better def mid than Morgan.

And OK, I know the rules on GOT and expect dogs abuse.

Coco cost nothing and has never downed tools for us. There is 200m of talent that has done that regularly.

Agree with some of this; disagree with some too.

Last bit spot on tho.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I saw two of our fans almost come to blows after Cuco today. It was mental. The one lad (admittedly very drunk) was giving him grief and the other turned around and said, and I’m paraphrasing “wtf do you expect him to do?! Beat three men, cut inside and hit a screamer from twenty five yards?! He’s a square peg in a round hole and he’s not done a single thing wrong today!”

He was entirely correct. Cuco has become a whipping boy amongst a sub section of our fans, who hurl abuse on a hardworking professional who does his best as the THIRD CHOICE RIGHT BACK forced to play left back for damn near a whole season because Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright, Moshire and fat sam decided we have never needed another left back than the injured and rapidly diminishing Baines.

Cuco playing left back for nearly an entire season is indicative of the failings in the management of our club, not of his heart or commitment. I have alway said that whether you’re world class or bang average as a player, if you run hard and try your best, we recognise and appreciate you and you’re lauded accordingly. See Niasse or Stracq or any number through or history. But it’s not true anymore. If you’re a carpenter and suddenly someone forced you to be a plumber next week, would you fix every leak? If you’re an accountant and someone threw you into court as a barrister, would you win your case? Of course not, so don’t try and blame Cuco for the failings of the appalling senior management at the club!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I saw two of our fans almost come to blows after Cuco today. It was mental. The one lad (admittedly very drunk) was giving him grief and the other turned around and said, and I’m paraphrasing “wtf do you expect him to do?! Beat three men, cut inside and hit a screamer from twenty five yards?! He’s a square peg in a round hole and he’s not done a single thing wrong today!”

He was entirely correct. Cuco has become a whipping boy amongst a sub section of our fans, who hurl abuse on a hardworking professional who does his best as the THIRD CHOICE RIGHT BACK forced to play left back for damn near a whole season because Koeman, Walsh, Kenwright, Moshire and fat sam decided we have never needed another left back than the injured and rapidly diminishing Baines.

Cuco playing left back for nearly an entire season is indicative of the failings in the management of our club, not of his heart or commitment. I have alway said that whether you’re world class or bang average as a player, if you run hard and try your best, we recognise and appreciate you and you’re lauded accordingly. See Niasse or Stracq or any number through or history. But it’s not true anymore. If you’re a carpenter and suddenly someone forced you to be a plumber next week, would you fix every leak? If you’re an accountant and someone threw you into court as a barrister, would you win your case? Of course not, so don’t try and blame Cuco for the failings of the appalling senior management at the club!

Better said than what I tried to explain a few posts back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back