Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is he going to learn to mark his man? He constantly seems to mark fresh air, for the goal today was woefully out of position for the long ball, then ended up as a third centre half marking nobody, absolutely useless.
Burnley players happy to stand off him as his crosses were useless

I think the answer is mate he's actually just not that arsed in the art of defending

If Koeman wants to lose his job just keep playing Martina.

What was he doing for their goal?

Holgate and Kenny should play ahead of him now. These 10 odd games were chances and Martina's performance spoke for himself.

There was an incident right at the death which sums this awful player up.

One last attack, the ball is played out wide to him about level with the 18 yard line...no defender near him.

And he fluffs it....he stumbled or sommat and the ball ran out of play.

That's another thing, he never seems to bust a gut to recover, just ambles about. Looks scared of the ball, not once does he seem to look at the threat, much rather get back so it looks like he's trying

And he is not agreesive and has no physical presence despite being 6ft 1.

One last attack, the ball is played out wide to him about level with the 18 yard line...no defender near him.

No that was a rubbish pass from whoever it was (Sandro I think). He totally over hit it when his man was stood ten yards away from him and as you said in loads of pace. Martina had to stretch to try and reach it but couldnt because our players are not capable of basic things.

There are plenty of things to point out his awfulness. That wasn't one of them.

It was a mixture of a rotten ball by Sandro, Cuco not controlling the ball and even though it trickled past him he decided he couldn't be arsed trying to keep it in

Which might explain his shocking positional play but its a complete mystery why someone like Koeman picks him!
It's not a mystery why he picks him as he signed him
The bloody mystery is why he signed him after previously signing him for Southampton

No that was a rubbish pass from whoever it was (Sandro I think). He totally over hit it when his man was stood ten yards away from him and as you said in loads of pace. Martina had to stretch to try and reach it but couldnt because our players are not capable of basic things.

There are plenty of things to point out his awfulness. That wasn't one of them.

OK....it is hard to tell in the ground and I have yet to watch the TV recording.

And I don't think I'm gonna :rant:

A premiere league standard wingback should not be doing this time and time again without any variation.

Receive the ball. Pause, takes two touch to stop the ball, hop half or one step back just to have a mini run up to eventually cross a floaty ball.

Amateurish beyond believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back