Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Cycling thread

Vin's army of fans are saying he only lost seconds on the actual climb, most of the time was on the descent, so not too bad in terms of legs. IDK I thought he looked in uncharacteristically bad shape at the summit - but one-off body language reads can be misleading. He's usually a slightly better descender than Pog so not in top form there for sure.
Think his recent accident has dented his confidence so descending on the mountain stages he'll probably lose time on most if not all. Pogacar's team will probably be the main difference looked so strong yesterday. But in saying that there's a long way to go. Looking forward to it.

Best stage I've seen in a long while yesterday - superb racing. Pidcock agonisingly close from a lead group that had buried themselves all day.

Vin shows yet again that he's a master tactician / doesn't have a single strand of racing DNA in his body - depending on your POV. Visma clearly not arsed about Remco one bit as they had him distanced and just casually let him back on. They clearly think Vin will bury him week 3 in the high mountains.

Thought De Lie would go well as he has been extremely strong all week, just missing that key positioning at the final. Strength of a bull, but also IQ of a bull yesterday - pointlessly going off the front chasing on a hard parcours, needs to chill for a bit.

Rest day today, a few could ride themselves into the ground yesterday knowing there'd be recovery today. Kamikaze attacks expected.

On a separate note, met a load of lunatics from the UK/Ireland yesterday at our campsite who are doing Le Tour route a week in advance in aid of charity
Le Loop is the name of charity
A lot of broken bodies

Col de Port
Col d'Agnes
Port de Lers
Col Pailheres
Plateau de Beille

Not a bad week's work
How would you rate these climbs? Not a part of the Pyrenees I've cycled in. Stopped off at a village at the foot of Plateau de Baille driving through to Andora a few winters ago. Looked a nice place to cycle.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back