Cycling thread

Vin is looking exceptional in these first two stages, in context. Be amazing if he doesn't fade third week, given the month off the bike convalescing from a serious crash. But Giro / Tour double is massive even for Pog so nothing set in stone.

Sympathies for the Cav-dislikers - I'm a fan but it's quite the soap opera. Sprint stage today so we get to see who has the early form.

Vin is looking exceptional in these first two stages, in context. Be amazing if he doesn't fade third week, given the month off the bike convalescing from a serious crash. But Giro / Tour double is massive even for Pog so nothing set in stone.

Sympathies for the Cav-dislikers - I'm a fan but it's quite the soap opera. Sprint stage today so we get to see who has the early form.
He set the KOM up the San Luca climb yesterday. It's a bit nuts.

Did a week in the Vosges a few days ago. Really enjoyed it. Quiet roads. Found the climbs to be a good distance, long enough to test the legs but not so long that they become a boring slog. The only downside really is that it's limited in terms of epic views. Don't get me wrong it's still an amazing landscape, but it does lack in snow covered peaks and glaciers. The Alps were just about visible from the Grand Ballon.

Up Cirque du Tromouse early this morning. Wet and cold, nothing to see. Rear derailleur stopped working 2km from summit so had to grind it out mid cassette.

Had planned on Col du Tentes as well as I was 3/4 way towards Gavarnie but I was too cold and miserable after the decent and the derailleur issue.

Not a bad week. Understand now why most cyclists here don't head out until after 9/10. Mist clears and temps come up.
Whereas at home, you usually get better weather early morning

Up Cirque du Tromouse early this morning. Wet and cold, nothing to see. Rear derailleur stopped working 2km from summit so had to grind it out mid cassette.

Had planned on Col du Tentes as well as I was 3/4 way towards Gavarnie but I was too cold and miserable after the decent and the derailleur issue.

Not a bad week. Understand now why most cyclists here don't head out until after 9/10. Mist clears and temps come up.
Whereas at home, you usually get better weather early morning
Ah, sorry to hear that. It was wet and windy when I did Tentes, which made it pretty hard going. Both climbs are really exposed so you do get buffered by the elements.

Very manageable this morning, met one other cyclists on ascent or descent and practically traffic free.

Feck it, gonna do Tromousse or Tentes tomorrow.

Ah, sorry to hear that. It was wet and windy when I did Tentes, which made it pretty hard going. Both climbs are really exposed so you do get buffered by the elements.
Look, have realised I go up hills too fast. I'm so used to doing 2hr/3hr training spins for racing
Might change cassette and chain rings to slow me down. 🤪

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back