Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don’t know mate. I think because it’s been rumoured ever since Moshiri arrived people have lost sight of the relative progress.

One of the lowest points as an Evertonians for me was seeing the scheme for destination Kirby. A pop up stadium outside the city tied to Tesco. It was the stuff of nightmares to think that our board would trade Goodison for that. To then follow that up with the embarrassment of Walton Hall Park which was nothing more than Elstone and Kenwright reacting to Liverpool’s stand expansion with a phantom scheme.

To go from that to literally every Evertonians dream stadium on the waterfront in the space of a few years is the sort of thing that doesn’t happen to Evertonians. Sure I’d like us to push for the biggest capacity possible but that’s a cherry on what is an unbelievable cake. It literally couldn’t be better and we’ll be stealing a massive march on the kopites.

If they were doing it we’d all be sick. A world class stadium on the docks with the chance to brand an entire half of the waterfront with the clubs colours. They’d all be claiming that the Mersey runs red, they’re the club of the city, a feature on the skyline. Instead that’s us.

Every cruise boat coming in will see our stadium first, every photo of Liverpool will have our stadium on it, every ferry passenger will get off at our stadium, every plane flying in will fly over our stadium, every person on the Wirral will see it whenever they look across, every person who gets off at Limestreet will see a stop for our stadium on the metro.

If it happens it will be the single most transformative event for our club and it’s fortunes in this City.

I think the last paragraph here @cjuk87 hits the nail on the head as to why in the main we are currently a miserable bunch. "If it happens"........

We've been here before so I totally understand people not being overly optimistic. "If" it does get built then I'm 99.9% sure everyone connected to Everton will be absolutely over the moon with hopefully a top class stadium on the banks of the Mersey.

Until that moment though, I think it's really difficult to be optimistic after seeing 3 failed ground moves to date.

Oh and the togger being absolutely crap isn't helping the mood either lol

I'd say it's only 2 failed ground moves because WHP wasn't real and let's face it, Kirkby failing was a godsend. KD was the only real failure and now we're hopeful of a return to the waterfront, so get this over the line and the city is ours.

I’m not sure which fan base will fume more when we finally build the new stadium, the kopites or Everton fans. Some of you are honestly ridiculous. If you’d said 3 years ago that we’d be having design consultations with an architect for a new 55k stadium on the waterfront, that we’d already secured the land from peel, that we had a timetable for the project, that we had a deal in place for 2/3s of the funding, and that the design included the steepest stands on England as close to the pitch as possible with individual stands rather than a bowl, you’d be absolutely laughed out of this place.

That would have been our dream wish list yet is now becoming a reality and still people are negative. If this lands it will be an absolute game changer for us and will be the first time at least in my lifetime that we may have outmanoeuvred Liverpool on something. Imagine if it was that lot talking about their new waterfront stadium, we’d be livid and jealous. For once it’s us and they can rot in the park whilst every single person coming into the city sees the royal blue.

They can laugh at Allardyce all they want but he’ll be out the door soon and at some point we will get it right on the pitch but off the pitch the stadium will be absolutely transformative for us.

Great post.

I’m not sure which fan base will fume more when we finally build the new stadium, the kopites or Everton fans. Some of you are honestly ridiculous. If you’d said 3 years ago that we’d be having design consultations with an architect for a new 55k stadium on the waterfront, that we’d already secured the land from peel, that we had a timetable for the project, that we had a deal in place for 2/3s of the funding, and that the design included the steepest stands on England as close to the pitch as possible with individual stands rather than a bowl, you’d be absolutely laughed out of this place.

That would have been our dream wish list yet is now becoming a reality and still people are negative. If this lands it will be an absolute game changer for us and will be the first time at least in my lifetime that we may have outmanoeuvred Liverpool on something. Imagine if it was that lot talking about their new waterfront stadium, we’d be livid and jealous. For once it’s us and they can rot in the park whilst every single person coming into the city sees the royal blue.

They can laugh at Allardyce all they want but he’ll be out the door soon and at some point we will get it right on the pitch but off the pitch the stadium will be absolutely transformative for us.
Great post. A post that all the doom mongers should read over again. Liverpool fans love our despondency. Time for some positivity

Great post. A post that all the doom mongers should read over again. Liverpool fans love our despondency. Time for some positivity

How-about-no.webp

Spot on mate, i don't think our fans want to be happy yano. I really don't. As you say, if it was them lot across the park, we'd be fuming now! At every single part of it.

If they talked of a stadium on the docks, we'd be jealous.
If they talked about a huge stand that's double the size of the kop, we'd be jealous.
If they talked about making a modern, world class stadium that will raise their profile even more and bring in so much tourism and money for events like concerts etc, we'd be jealous.
If we saw their plans, we'd be jealous.

Everything about this stadium should be exciting, yet i speak to Evertonians about it and it's like the worlds worst news is happening. We're going to have a brand new home on the banks of the royal blue mersey!! WTF is wrong with everyone??
That’s because the life has been sucked from us with the rubbish we continually have to endure on the pitch.
That’s what concerns most Evertonians and shows no light at the end of the tunnel.
I have no doubt most would be loving the designs more if we had a decent team to watch.
We are drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back