Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also said in exactly the same statement that it remains a "plan b" that's on the table for the unlikely scenario the club can't raise the funds themselves. So he's basically said that even in the worst case scenario if we can't afford it (which probably won't happen), the stadium will still get funded and built, and this has somehow whipped up a mass hysteria in this thread? I'm lost.

Don't think it is mass hysteria when we've come from x point to slowly back tracking further and further from an optimal position. To get to the point where we have started discussing we may never even own the stadium is just proving that things have not changed that much. Hopefully it is just an unused option but they probably said similar when they talked about raising the full amount through private sources to start with.

Having the stadium is better than not in almost every circumstance but if it's state owned we are going to have a fight on our hands to get it built.

Don't think it is mass hysteria when we've come from x point to slowly back tracking further and further from an optimal position. To get to the point where we have started discussing we may never even own the stadium is just proving that things have not changed that much. Hopefully it is just an unused option but they probably said similar when they talked about raising the full amount through private sources to start with.

Having the stadium is better than not in almost every circumstance but if it's state owned we are going to have a fight on our hands to get it built.

We haven't back tracked anywhere hahahaha! My head is scrambled.

I’ve been trying to stay positive about this stadium build, but it does keep shifting all of the time.

I have no faith now that this board can see this project through. The hints of 60,000+ capacity from Meis have now been scaled way back down to 50,000 and Elstone has been putting the usual negative spin on it.

Seems to be going the way of Kings Dock and Kirkby.

Moshiri could fund the other £280m needed for the build, but he doesn’t seem willing to
. He must not have any belief in this project.

If this does fall through, the whole club goes with it. Fans are already disillusioned with the club. We’d go the way of Aston Villa, except they actually have a better infrastructure.

Think this is a bit naive (not having a go, lots of people seem to be suggesting similar).

His net worth is estimated at £1.25bn - This includes the value of all of his shares and interests elsewhere as well as his cash holdings

It's likely that most of his wealth is tied up in his interests through USM (which he has 10% of). Other than his liquid cash position, he would have to sell shares in USM to free up capital

He *can* afford to pay for the other £280m, but it would be a bit daft of him to do so

This is a massive over reaction to a throw away comment from JA. The context was he was talking up what a great deal it is for the city and went on to say if he had the opportunity to lend more, make more he would as it is “investing to earn”. It was talking up his genius business acumen and countering the negative publicity not a proposal.

According to John Blaine (head of ESA) via the EBM podcast Moshiri has already told the council he will personally guarantee the rest of funding if necessary. That is a far more likely scenario but not ideal for Moshiri for obvious reasons. He’ll definitely explore alternatives.

Might we want to borrow the whole build cost from the council if they would lend it?
Yes, if the terms are attractive.

Will we let them own it?
Almost zero chance as it eliminates the massive multiplicative kicker to the club valuation Moshiri gets from owning the stadium with only (for Moshiri) relatively minor short-term financial benefits by possibly reducing the risk premium in the rental to save £1-2m pa vs. interest plus capital repayment costs in the current proposal. The biggest benefit would be avoiding placing say 20% of the borrowed amount as cash in escrow as security against default but I seriously doubt Moshiri would see that as outweighing the lost potentially for capital growth.

It is very Evertonian to effectively sideline all the positives from the Meis engagement this week, highlighting how much discussion and consultation has already happened behind the scenes with planners and heritage groups for example, to build a whole speculative doom scenario off the back of an offhand comment from a mayor who is notorious for ‘thinking out loud’. We moan at Kopites for their ridiculously over-the-top positive hype but we are just as ridiculous on the negative side.

I am not saying Everton and our Board do not give cause for negativity but we are now like Pavlov’s dog, trained to react automatically to anything and everything with cynicism and default doom. However, Elstone will be gone soon. That is huge and great news. Obviously the appointment of a new CEO will be critical to this project and the broader direction of the club. It should be nearly impossible to replace him with a more risk averse or generally useless CEO...unless we are conducting our head-hunting on here and on Everton Twitter!

Things can only get better

Who knows what's happening? It might be that the plan from the first was for LCC to raised the money for the total cost and what we have seen over the last 12 months or so is just news management. Let's see what happens. I'm still confident it will be built. How it will be financed, I have no idea. I suspect only a handful of people are party to that information.

Then why did Kenwright sell to him at all? That odious toad of a man said that he’d only ever sell to ‘the right buyer’. If Moshiri isn’t funding a much needed stadium, he isn’t the elusive ‘right buyer’.

This whole club is rotten to the core.

Good question. If Moshiri does turn out to be a wrong 'un, it's just another reason to despise the worst thing to happen to our club since the Heysel ban ie Mr Ken Billwrong who lined his pockets without every putting a penny into the club.

Have I missed something...everything has gone negative again. Is it just conspiracies? is it people reading between the lines? Whats happened for the mood to all all negative and back to normal.

Who knows what's happening? It might be that the plan from the first was for LCC to raised the money for the total cost and what we have seen over the last 12 months or so is just news management. Let's see what happens. I'm still confident it will be built. How it will be financed, I have no idea. I suspect only a handful of people are party to that information.

I think it's a decent point that this may be all managed but I'd love to hear a PR professionals view on it as it sounds like a shocking strategy if so.

If the plan was all along for a full LCC loan then just come out and say it, explain the reason for doing so, look confident when you say it and all stick to the same script.

Will everyone get real!!!!!

50q3qs8gs6rz.webp

We're going to get THIS, only steeper and closer to the pitch. Will some of you never be satisfied?

Have I missed something...everything has gone negative again. Is it just conspiracies? is it people reading between the lines? Whats happened for the mood to all all negative and back to normal.

Some throw away comment by Joe Anderson and all of a sudden pants are being soiled. Got to ask the question do people want this stadium built or are they hoping it would fail to shout ‘told you so ‘ to prove some sort of point.

No indication this is falling through apart from wishful thinking from a few that’s all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back