Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri, being of the level of financial independent standing he is, operates in circles of like minded folks. In general, they have got to that position by successfully managing organisations, transactions or deals of one shape or another. Given how publicly he has associated himself with this project, he will see this through. He has pitched his flag to BMD and one way or another, either solo or with former associates perhaps, this will happen. Ego, at that level of financial or career success, in my limited experience of dealing with such people, is nearly always a key factor.
Believe.

I’ve been trying to stay positive about this stadium build, but it does keep shifting all of the time.

I have no faith now that this board can see this project through. The hints of 60,000+ capacity from Meis have now been scaled way back down to 50,000 and Elstone has been putting the usual negative spin on it.

Seems to be going the way of Kings Dock and Kirkby.

Moshiri could fund the other £280m needed for the build, but he doesn’t seem willing to. He must not have any belief in this project.

If this does fall through, the whole club goes with it. Fans are already disillusioned with the club. We’d go the way of Aston Villa, except they actually have a better infrastructure.
If only it was that easy. YouYou know that Moshiri doesn't log into his online banking and see £1.5b in his current account?

Just because he's wealthy doesn't mean he can throw £280m around, even if he thinks the stadium would be a success.

If only it was that easy. YouYou know that Moshiri doesn't log into his online banking and see £1.5b in his current account?

Just because he's wealthy doesn't mean he can throw £280m around, even if he thinks the stadium would be a success.
He could secure the debt against his assets.

Agreed mate but them lot don't understand anything, so that part doesn't bother me really.

The fact the council are now being touted as loaning the entire amount isn't a surprise, afterall Moshiri is a billionaire accountant. .. and it's such an accountant thing to do. He didn't become a billionaire by paying for things himself . And yes I do know how he became a billionaire.

To be honest as long as it gets built I don't really care how it's funded as long as it's a viable option and doesn't sink us, which it won't.
That’s not what Anderson is suggesting. He is suggesting that the council build the stadium, own the stadium and we occupy it as tenants paying rent back to the council.

Amazing that we've gone from discussing capacity and how big our stands are going to be to discussing finances and how we can't afford it in seemingly the blink of an eye. True full circle stuff, what a club, what a fanbase.
I genuinely....genuinely hate our fans. I know we've had a rough ride but we're the biggest set of moaners out there.

I sit at GP and i'm surrounded by whinging moaners who don't make a peep apart from to groan. I go away days where apparently we have the best fans in the world...it's silent and we get outsung by home fans (unless it's half time and the lids throw beer around)
I
We get a new owner and now it's his fault Koeman was tosh (even though the majority were made up to get such a big name) It's his fault Walsh hasn't signed who we want (i remember the giddy posts over Walsh coming here) It's his fault the players we did sign have been poor/haven't played (Again, i remember the posts about Sandro's record in Spain, signing captains, how good Keane will be in our defence etc)

Everything is Moshiri's fault and we're doomed. Honestly, no wonder the match is a soul draining experience. We have the worst fans in the league, by far! We're a joke.

What would be in it for him though?

That would be a risk for little to no payoff.
Then why is he here? To be a top team you have plunder hundreds of millions into clubs and expect little in return on the investment.

The only way he’ll make money out of Everton is by building the stadium, providing funds to build a good team and then sell us on.

Football owners are all about ego.

It is disturbing how their are increasing concerns around this plan which replicate those which on which our previous ventures failed.
Kings Dock failed because primarily Gregg wanted to own the stadium and lease it back to us (understandable since he was taking all the risk.) This was unpalatable to Kenwright equally understandably so Gregg was driven out which left Kenwright owning a club he lacked the resources to run.
One of the main promises of the Kirkby scheme was the predicted and urgently needed £4m increase in revenue but as it transpired Knowsley councils free usage of the arena would have significantly reduced that figure, making it far less desirable. Which is why I believe the Everton hierarchy were relieved when it was rejected.
It is ironic that a week which began with the first tangible sight of our new ground accompanied by confident noises that it would be built and was added to by reports of top quality DoF being brought in, all giving the sense of club once again preparing to move forward, should end on the eve of the Derby with the lowering of expectations once again.
I am becoming fatigued with the constant raising and lowering of hopes that seem to bedevil us in recent years. For the first time in over 5 decades of support ,I'm beginning to feel a sense of resigned detachment from my club.

It is disturbing how their are increasing concerns around this plan which replicate those which on which our previous ventures failed.
Kings Dock failed because primarily Gregg wanted to own the stadium and lease it back to us (understandable since he was taking all the risk.) This was unpalatable to Kenwright equally understandably so Gregg was driven out which left Kenwright owning a club he lacked the resources to run.
One of the main promises of the Kirkby scheme was the predicted and urgently needed £4m increase in revenue but as it transpired Knowsley councils free usage of the arena would have significantly reduced that figure, making it far less desirable. Which is why I believe the Everton hierarchy were relieved when it was rejected.
It is ironic that a week which began with the first tangible sight of our new ground accompanied by confident noises that it would be built and was added to by reports of top quality DoF being brought in, all giving the sense of club once again preparing to move forward, should end on the eve of the Derby with the lowering of expectations once again.
I am becoming fatigued with the constant raising and lowering of hopes that seem to bedevil us in recent years. For the first time in over 5 decades of support ,I'm beginning to feel a sense of resigned detachment from my club.

Why has it ended like that mate? What's happened, I'm going to need some information.

I’m not sure which fan base will fume more when we finally build the new stadium, the kopites or Everton fans. Some of you are honestly ridiculous. If you’d said 3 years ago that we’d be having design consultations with an architect for a new 55k stadium on the waterfront, that we’d already secured the land from peel, that we had a timetable for the project, that we had a deal in place for 2/3s of the funding, and that the design included the steepest stands on England as close to the pitch as possible with individual stands rather than a bowl, you’d be absolutely laughed out of this place.

That would have been our dream wish list yet is now becoming a reality and still people are negative. If this lands it will be an absolute game changer for us and will be the first time at least in my lifetime that we may have outmanoeuvred Liverpool on something. Imagine if it was that lot talking about their new waterfront stadium, we’d be livid and jealous. For once it’s us and they can rot in the park whilst every single person coming into the city sees the royal blue.

They can laugh at Allardyce all they want but he’ll be out the door soon and at some point we will get it right on the pitch but off the pitch the stadium will be absolutely transformative for us.

Why has it ended like that mate? What's happened, I'm going to need some information.

It appears we are struggling to raise our part of the capital. If JA has mentioned it then it must have been discussed at some level. This may be nothing but it is none the less unwanted at a time we release pictures of a 57+k stadium but say it might be scaled back from that. No money = definite cut backs.

Let's hope it was just an idea banded about and we are building up that total we need, else operation fume from the RS will go into overdrive.

It appears we are struggling to raise our part of the capital. If JA has mentioned it then it must have been discussed at some level. This may be nothing but it is none the less unwanted at a time we release pictures of a 57+k stadium but say it might be scaled back from that. No money = definite cut backs.

Let's hope it was just an idea banded about and we are building up that total we need, else operation fume from the RS will go into overdrive.

What?? That's a bit of a leap isn't it.

What?? That's a bit of a leap isn't it.

Don't think it is a wild leap to assume that is the case. First of all it was act as a guarantor, then it was half the money would be loaned, now he is talking about loaning the money for the whole stadium and leasing it back. Do you think he would have said that in the public domain without actually discussing that option with the club first?

Don't think it is a wild leap to assume that is the case. First of all it was act as a guarantor, then it was half the money would be loaned, now he is talking about loaning the money for the whole stadium and leasing it back. Do you think he would have said that in the public domain without actually discussing that option with the club first?

He's also said in exactly the same statement that it remains a "plan b" that's on the table for the unlikely scenario the club can't raise the funds themselves. So he's basically said that even in the worst case scenario if we can't afford it (which probably won't happen), the stadium will still get funded and built, and this has somehow whipped up a mass hysteria in this thread? I'm lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back