Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have some very astute business minds on our Board and our owner is very wealthy and has very wealthy friends.

I see no reason why this wont happen at all.
It is slightly concerning that Mayor Anderson, a big player in this project, is mentioning alternatives if we can’t fund it.

There would be uproar if the council built this and we rented it. It wouldn’t go through, not a chance.

Moshiri needs to stump up the rest of the money or leave. He’s been brought in to deliver the stadium.

It is slightly concerning that Mayor Anderson, a big player in this project, is mentioning alternatives if we can’t fund it.

There would be uproar if the council built this and we rented it. It wouldn’t go through, not a chance.

Moshiri needs to stump up the rest of the money or leave. He’s been brought in to deliver the stadium.
his financial backers must be worried about this project??

could it be the spiralling costs that always happen during these builds, and the fact its a world heritage site, plus peel will have to be involved too, as it will need to fit in with there plans abit...?? either way they do not look interested at all.

I thought Moshiri had links to Chinese banks too ?? thought they'd be allover this?

this is not a straight forward build whatsoever,

its already proving far more challenging than they expected.

Can't help but think we are missing a trick not installing a retractable roof.

We are a club of firsts and it would give that unique quality plus the benefit of creating an indoor arena for the city with would generate added income plus attract the biggest artists in the World to the home of the biggest band ever!

Dan Mei's has stated it would cost an additional 200m but surely that would only add value to the club, stadium and brand which could increase advertising.

his financial backers must be worried about this project??

could it be the spiralling costs that always happen during these builds, and the fact its a world heritage site, plus peel will have to be involved too, as it will need to fit in with there plans abit...?? either way they do not look interested at all.

I thought Moshiri had links to Chinese banks too ?? thought they'd be allover this?

this is not a straight forward build whatsoever,

its already proving far more challenging than they expected.

I have been half expecting something like this to happen.

Retractable roof?

We can’t even afford to fill the dock in.

Can't help but think we are missing a trick not installing a retractable roof.

We are a club of firsts and it would give that unique quality plus the benefit of creating an indoor arena for the city with would generate added income plus attract the biggest artists in the World to the home of the biggest band ever!

Dan Mei's has stated it would cost an additional 200m but surely that would only add value to the club, stadium and brand which could increase advertising.

I definatley do not want our club lumbered with 40 years of debt , at circa 25m payback a year.

why isn't our billionaire owner INVESTING himself. ????

Everton FC with a multi billionaire owner, should NOT be relying on Liverpool city council to fund their whole stadium. Not a chance

I cant see that happening anyways.

Christ even bill Kenwright could of got us this deal.

@davek

We dont have the money, we'll be paying somebody something. Moshiri would want a return on his investment the same way a bank would.

If Moshiri is not going to stump up 100 million personally as part of the build and we are expecting the council to get the loan for all of it I think we will be on a sticky wicket getting that voted through.

If he gives 100 or so least you can say 20% has been paid off already. The only positive I can see from this we will have just one loan and it will be out in the open. It's possible they agreed to do this from the very start and slowly they are moving towards that end game, if so then I wouldn't feel so bad. If not then we are not doing well trying to find investors, or Moshiri is getting cold feet or Usmanov has said there is no way he is coming here or the extra scrutiny has made them realise that he can't fund the build while still being part of Arsenal. All of which are not good signs.

Take your point, but Moshiri wasn’t brought in to deliver anything, he made an offer to buy a stake which was accepted.

There were a lot of rumours that the purchase or the option was tied to building a stadium, but it’s complete nonsense - no buyer would commit to that.

Having said that, I understand the skepticism of Evertonians following recent form but I do think this will happen.

If Moshiri is not going to stump up 100 million personally as part of the build and we are expecting the council to get the loan for all of it I think we will be on a sticky wicket getting that voted through.

If he gives 100 or so least you can say 20% has been paid off already. The only positive I can see from this we will have just one loan and it will be out in the open. It's possible they agreed to do this from the very start and slowly they are moving towards that end game, if so then I wouldn't feel so bad. If not then we are not doing well trying to find investors, or Moshiri is getting cold feet or Usmanov has said there is no way he is coming here or the extra scrutiny has made them realise that he can't fund the build while still being part of Arsenal. All of which are not good signs.

I'm in two minds here. On the face of it I think it's totally unacceptable to expect the entire amount to come from LCC. The risks, mitigations and securities would have to be crystal clear to satisfy council tax payers like myself. And from an EFC perspective it looks like we have zero abilities to raise funds at the top of the chain. This would have to be explained very carefully.

On the flip side, is there much difference in reality loaning 500m rather than 280m? I'm presuming the premiums paid back will be increased in line with the risks. And as you hinted at maybe this was always going to be the plan to loan via PWLB rather than the banks. As Joe mentioned, Liverpool currently has very low rates of borrowing from this source (less than Warrington, considerably less than other core cities) so exposure has to be placed in context.

The lack of comms from EFC on this are pitiful and there is clearly no joined up PR strategy in operation.

Take your point, but Moshiri wasn’t brought in to deliver anything, he made an offer to buy a stake which was accepted.

There were a lot of rumours that the purchase or the option was tied to building a stadium, but it’s complete nonsense - no buyer would commit to that.

Having said that, I understand the skepticism of Evertonians following recent form but I do think this will happen.
Then why did Kenwright sell to him at all? That odious toad of a man said that he’d only ever sell to ‘the right buyer’. If Moshiri isn’t funding a much needed stadium, he isn’t the elusive ‘right buyer’.

This whole club is rotten to the core.

Then why did Kenwright sell to him at all? That odious toad of a man said that he’d only ever sell to ‘the right buyer’. If Moshiri isn’t funding a much needed stadium, he isn’t the elusive ‘right buyer’.

This whole club is rotten to the core.

The answer lies in your question.

You call him an odious toad, and yet you credit him with having Everton’s best interests at heart - you can’t have it both ways.

I think Kenwright probably had a few offers (we know about the US guys) and I don’t doubt that he went with the most lucrative offer.

He probably did trust Moshiris vision as well, but there is no way you’re contractually obliging a guy like that to build a stadium, that’s fantasy land stuff.

The answer lies in your question.

You call him an odious toad, and yet you credit him with having Everton’s best interests at heart - you can’t have it both ways.

I think he probably had a few offers (we know about the US guys) and I don’t doubt that he went with the most lucrative offer.

He probably did trust Moshiris vision as well, but there is no way you’re contractually obliging a guy like that to build a stadium, that’s fantasy land stuff.
I don’t credit him with anything. He has destroyed this club and I blame him for the most barron period in our history.

I'm in two minds here. On the face of it I think it's totally unacceptable to expect the entire amount to come from LCC. The risks, mitigations and securities would have to be crystal clear to satisfy council tax payers like myself. And from an EFC perspective it looks like we have zero abilities to raise funds at the top of the chain. This would have to be explained very carefully.

On the flip side, is there much difference in reality loaning 500m rather than 280m? I'm presuming the premiums paid back will be increased in line with the risks. And as you hinted at maybe this was always going to be the plan to loan via PWLB rather than the banks. As Joe mentioned, Liverpool currently has very low rates of borrowing from this source (less than Warrington, considerably less than other core cities) so exposure has to be placed in context.

The lack of comms from EFC on this are pitiful and there is clearly no joined up PR strategy in operation.

To be honest there isn't a lot of difference loaning half or the full amount however that changes if we never end up owning the stadium. One thing being hamstrung for 20 or so years until the bulk has been paid off, then the benefits are all ours. If the council expect this to go on for a hundred years or more then we could end up paying 4/5 times the amount the stadium cost. Once again short-termism.

However we don't know what is going on yet so it may still be as it was, but it is a worrying development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back