Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not want that to happen. I’d rather go back to the drawing board than be renting a stadium from the local authority.

That’s actually quite concerning that he’s even mentioned it. Implies that he’s already discussed this with the club.
Yes, my thoughts too. I can see this all going pear shaped.

Minimal risk - maximum reward, is what we have under Moshiri.

if anyone thinks those drafts for the stadium were anything grerat then they are deluded.

it looks like dan meis mocked them up 10 mins prior to the workshops on an old Atari 1040

I could go in and buy everton and build us a stadium off the back of the council... if you know what I mean...

it just reeks at being a profiteer...

and to be fair alls hes done so far is sell every single best asset we have, when he said he wouldn't, and used the tv monies that bill kenwright would of had to use..

moshiri is NOT HERE for Everton FC... he is here to profit off the back of us, and that is all.

Do you want what's best for Everton or what's worst for Moshiri?

The council providing all the funding sounds like a decent deal to me.

Do you want what's best for Everton or what's worst for Moshiri?

The council providing all the funding sounds like a decent deal to me.

I definatley do not want our club lumbered with 40 years of debt , at circa 25m payback a year.

why isn't our billionaire owner INVESTING himself. ????

Everton FC with a multi billionaire owner, should NOT be relying on Liverpool city council to fund their whole stadium. Not a chance

I cant see that happening anyways.

Christ even bill Kenwright could of got us this deal.

@davek

I definatley do not want our club lumbered with 40 years of debt , at circa 25m payback a year.

why isn't our billionaire owner INVESTING himself. ????

Everton FC with a multi billionaire owner, should NOT be relying on Liverpool city council to fund their whole stadium. Not a chance

I cant see that happening anyways.

Christ even bill Kenwright could of got us this deal.

@davek

LOL

Does it even matter who pays?

I just love the old Juve example getting rolled out. Are we the biggest club in the country? Won most titles? Situated in a country where the attendance figures across the board have been falling? Had a 60+k stadium that we didn't fill so it was an obvious choice to downsize? (Even though that was a mistake as they wished they built it bigger)

If Old Trafford had something structurally wrong with the upper tiers and had to be reverted back to the 44k it was, I tend to think everyone would still call them the biggest club in the country, they would still pull in more money in sponsorship than we can ever dream of. They have nothing to prove, we have everything to prove to try and get a seat back at the top table.

And how do you prove that though? On the pitch or in a stadium that has a few thousand fewer seats than your rivals? I agree, the bigger the
better but it's not the be all and end all and ultimately the results dictate how we will be perceived. Look at Leicester, geez, look at us when we got top 4. The more successful you are on the pitch irrespective of the size of stadium, the bigger pulling power you have in the transfer market and the more you can progress as a club. A few thousand seats won't change that, the people we fill those seats may but ultimately the quality of the squad definitely will.

East and West stands are the steepest they can be, so there can only be a limited number of seats that can be added to the initial design figure. Meis gave us a clue when he said the home "Wall" will be 12-15K. So if the original brief was for a 50-52K stadium that may rise by 3-4K after the workshop feedback.

If you look at the cross section between our stand and the Emirates/new Chelsea/Spurs stands you will see there is no way that those designs come from a low 50's capacity.

I don't mind a smaller capacity it's just that they shouldn't be hyping the fans up for a big capacity if they don't know it's possible

And how do you prove that though? On the pitch or in a stadium that has a few thousand fewer seats than your rivals? I agree, the bigger the
better but it's not the be all and end all and ultimately the results dictate how we will be perceived. Look at Leicester, geez, look at us when we got top 4. The more successful you are on the pitch irrespective of the size of stadium, the bigger pulling power you have in the transfer market and the more you can progress as a club. A few thousand seats won't change that, the people we fill those seats may but ultimately the quality of the squad definitely will.

You have to prove it through everything you do, make waves, get people talking about you, get them to sit up and take notice. I'm afraid building the 8th biggest football stadium in the UK (which is a fair percentage off the others) is not going to do that.

That is an extension of why we are where we are now, because we have applied the handbrake in most situations. We aren't trying to be the best we can we are just trying to stay in the same post code. Keep doing that and guess what? We will always be finishing behind others who aren't.

Of course in the end the team drives everything but this stadium will effect how we are looked upon by players/agents and rival fans. I always maintain if we can't afford it so be it, beggars can't be choosers and we take what we can and live to fight another day, but we have a massive opportunity to make a statement here.

LOL

Does it even matter who pays?
It matters in as much that it is highly debatable that the council wholly funding a football stadium would be voted through. However beneficial it would in reality be to Liverpool the perception of lending money to wealthy football club would increase opposition throughout the city . Labour councillors would be aware that Liberals would be waiting to exploit such disaffection. As the saying goes 'turkeys don't vote for Christmas.
Unless we can raise our share I think this stadium is far from certain.

It matters in as much that it is highly debatable that the council wholly funding a football stadium would be voted through. However beneficial it would in reality be to Liverpool the perception of lending money to wealthy football club would increase opposition throughout the city . Labour councillors would be aware that Liberals would be waiting to exploit such disaffection. As the saying goes 'turkeys don't vote for Christmas.
Unless we can raise our share I think this stadium is far from certain.

We have some very astute business minds on our Board and our owner is very wealthy and has very wealthy friends.

I see no reason why this wont happen at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back