Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not want that to happen. I’d rather go back to the drawing board than be renting a stadium from the local authority.

That’s actually quite concerning that he’s even mentioned it. Implies that he’s already discussed this with the club.

its what will be happening... why else would it even be considered??

I find it quite hard to stomach really as our 'billionaire owner' with HUGE links to massive money men world renowned obv does fancy hedging his own bets with his own money or even getting some financials from his own sources ??

hes lumping everything on to the back of Everton FC .. and not himself.

@davek

Can someone explain to me how a 55K vs a 60K stadium will relegate it to some non-international status and what the heck that actually means?

its what will be happening... why else would it even be considered??

I find it quite hard to stomach really as our 'billionaire owner' with HUGE links to massive money men world renowned obv does fancy hedging his own bets with his own money or even getting some financials from his own sources ??
We’ll have to wait and see, he did say that the club are confident of getting their own funding.

If the council do build it, this will be getting rejected by government straight away.

Man City got their stadium because of the Commonwealth games and West Ham got theirs because of the Olympics.

The City of Liverpool has no reason to take on such a huge risk.

It will completely destroy many prople’s Faith in Moshiri and his ambitions for Everton if this is the route we’re trying to go down.

I was feeling quite confident after this week that we’ve got it all sorted. Seems that there are creeping doubts we can’t deliver. If we can’t, I want Moshiri, and the rest of them, out of the club.

We’ll have to wait and see, he did say that the club are confident of getting their own funding.

If the council do build it, this will be getting rejected by government straight away.

Man City got their stadium because of the Commonwealth games and West Ham got theirs because of the Olympics.

The City of Liverpool has no reason to take on such a huge risk.

It will completely destroy many prople’s Faith in Moshiri and his ambitions for Everton if this is the route we’re trying to go down.

I was feeling quite confident after this week that we’ve got it all sorted. Seems that there are creeping doubts we can’t deliver. If we can’t, I want Moshiri, and the rest of them, out of the club.

I could go in and buy everton and build us a stadium off the back of the council... if you know what I mean...

it just reeks at being a profiteer...

and to be fair alls hes done so far is sell every single best asset we have, when he said he wouldn't, and used the tv monies that bill kenwright would of had to use..

moshiri is NOT HERE for Everton FC... he is here to profit off the back of us, and that is all.

Biggest is not always best. Old Trafford has an atmosphere like the moon. In fact united have just announced a £15 per game season ticket in the lower Stretford End for 18-25 year old's next season, with the hope of bringing some youthful enthusiasm to the crowd I suppose.

As many have mentioned the capacity is restricted by the site, sure we could turn the stadium east to west but then there would be little room for the fan park. We can't go any further with the north stand as Meis mentioned we can't touch the border wall. We are stretching so close south that we are even encroaching into Nelson Dock with a Cantilever walkway. East and West stands are the steepest they can be, so there can only be a limited number of seats that can be added to the initial design figure. Meis gave us a clue when he said the home "Wall" will be 12-15K. So if the original brief was for a 50-52K stadium that may rise by 3-4K after the workshop feedback.

The only way I can see of making it a 60K stadium is squeezing everything in. I mean, making the seats smaller, the legroom smaller, the isles smaller. Is that the way we really want to go?

I think a 54-56K capacity is a compromise worth making for the waterfront location. Remember the alternative, would anyone prefer a 60K stadium in a place like Crocky? I was born and brought up there and trust me, I wouldn't.

Maybe cost? Strange one. I can see the issue with having empty seats now but if Moshiri has a vision of putting us up there with the best then surely that vision has to include a bigger fanbase?
He's got no idea mate. Sorry, but nothing he has done on field has indicated any of that.
My hope is he gets the stadium right, makes us more attractive to buyers with more football nous, and moves on.

He's got no idea mate. Sorry, but nothing he has done on field has indicated any of that.
My hope is he gets the stadium right, makes us more attractive to buyers with more football nous, and moves on.

I think that’s exactly his aim. Build the stadium, maintain a top 10 position or better. Wait for a massive offer from China and sell. Make an absolute fortune!

Can someone explain to me how a 55K vs a 60K stadium will relegate it to some non-international status and what the heck that actually means?

It wouldn't, there's a lot of factors that the governing bodies consider when choosing stadia for a tournament say. Capacity is one factor, but accessibility and several other factors also come into it. I seriously doubt anfield, even if it was 60k compared to our 55k, would trump us for an International venue if England was to host a major tournament. Of course they would cry about it which might change things, they tend to get what they want.

Keep up CRIMHEAD! :)

No one said 55k v 60k, it was just a low 50's figure. Basically our stadium will be in competition with Anfield to host games in any tournaments this country tries to get. In 1966 Goodison was one of the grounds chosen and even hosted a semi final. In 1996 Anfield that had been significantly upgraded since the early 90's was chosen.

Now we will have the prime location but If we build a stadium that is 8k or so less in capacity that and the fact they have the history (some of it Everton's) would likely mean they would get any nod. If we can get close to their expected figure of 61k then it will make it a bit more of an even contest.

It is a sense of pride to any club that their stadium is used for games in the big tournaments, I would be a bit crest fallen if we ever got a World Cup and our ground was not picked when we have the blank page to create anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back