Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind a smaller capacity it's just that they shouldn't be hyping the fans up for a big capacity if they don't know it's possible
To be fair to them, they never have have they? All that has come from the CEO's mouth has been to keep expectations low really.

From what I understand, Meis has said he prefers a stadium which is full every week and has a demand for tickets rather than one where tickets are easy to come by and may not be full every week.
This has been interpreted as Meis has decided that the capacity will be 52000 or so.

Firat of all, why are people thinking that Meis gets to decide the capacity?
Second, does that approach not make sense, regardless of what the actual capacity is?

From what I understand, Meis has said he prefers a stadium which is full every week and has a demand for tickets rather than one where tickets are easy to come by and may not be full every week.
This has been interpreted as Meis has decided that the capacity will be 52000 or so.

Second, does that approach not make sense, regardless of what the actual capacity is?

Makes no sense to me.

It supposes we are always going to be at this level of mediocrity and he does not take into account the fact that a successful Everton, if we ever see such a critter again, will sell out a 60,000 seater just as readily as a mediocre one will sell out 52,000.

It matters little anyway as week by week, month by month, this whole project reeks of King’s Dock and pies in skies.

IMO.

I think those that do decide have had a word in his ear as they continue to find their share of the finance.

You have to prove it through everything you do, make waves, get people talking about you, get them to sit up and take notice. I'm afraid building the 8th biggest football stadium in the UK (which is a fair percentage off the others) is not going to do that.

That is an extension of why we are where we are now, because we have applied the handbrake in most situations. We aren't trying to be the best we can we are just trying to stay in the same post code. Keep doing that and guess what? We will always be finishing behind others who aren't.

Of course in the end the team drives everything but this stadium will effect how we are looked upon by players/agents and rival fans. I always maintain if we can't afford it so be it, beggars can't be choosers and we take what we can and live to fight another day, but we have a massive opportunity to make a statement here.

Bang on.

Basically our stadium will be in competition with Anfield to host games in any tournaments this country tries to get. In 1966 Goodison was one of the grounds chosen and even hosted a semi final. In 1996 Anfield that had been significantly upgraded since the early 90's was chosen.

Now we will have the prime location but If we build a stadium that is 8k or so less in capacity that and the fact they have the history (some of it Everton's) would likely mean they would get any nod. If we can get close to their expected figure of 61k then it will make it a bit more of an even contest.

It is a sense of pride to any club that their stadium is used for games in the big tournaments, I would be a bit crest fallen if we ever got a World Cup and our ground was not picked when we have the blank page to create anything.

Yup, it would be a shame if our stadium wasn't even the best in the city of Liverpool.

It was always the best in the city until the 1990s.

The problem as I see it is that should we begin to actually compete near the top 6, (which has to be the aim) and everybody then has to scramble for tickets for this smaller stadium, then how long do we think these concessions on junior season tickets etc will last?
And to stop them would be a mistake.

We have some very astute business minds on our Board and our owner is very wealthy and has very wealthy friends.

I see no reason why this wont happen at all.
2 years he's been looking for an 'investor' ... and he has nothing. (yes a multi billionaire looking for an investor ?? ?? )

his best mate is only the worlds 100th richest bloke too.

make of that what you will.

I can hear usmanov on the blower to moshiri,, 'look, I'm not putting 250m in, I want to make 250m not spend it, your the accountant think of some other way, we do not spend my money, capeshe'

2 years he's been looking for an 'investor' ... and he has nothing. (yes a multi billionaire looking for an investor ?? ?? )

his best mate is only the worlds 100th richest bloke too.

make of that what you will.

I can hear usmanov on the blower to moshiri,, 'look, I'm not putting 250m in, I want to make 250m not spend it, your the accountant think of some other way, we do not spend my money, capeshe'

I missed where it was reported that Moshiri is looking for "an investor." Can you link me up?

I missed where it was reported that Moshiri is looking for "an investor." Can you link me up?

An investor in the sense that we can get outside funding to help with the stadium project, not so much - say - someone else to join the club and put money in.

There were initial rumours of Chinese involvement and then I think Elstone said there was no need for much outside investment if we can raise the right money via naming rights and other avenues.

At the end of the day, we'll be putting our hand in our pocket and forking out for this stadium in some form or another - you're just being a crank if you're drawing up conspiracy theories over us not moving. We're moving.

An investor in the sense that we can get outside funding to help with the stadium project, not so much - say - someone else to join the club and put money in.

There were initial rumours of Chinese involvement and then I think Elstone said there was no need for much outside investment if we can raise the right money via naming rights and other avenues.

At the end of the day, we'll be putting our hand in our pocket and forking out for this stadium in some form or another - you're just being a crank if you're drawing up conspiracy theories over us not moving. We're moving.

Financing =! Investment, which is basically the point I'm making

I may not know a lot, but I know a few things, which is maybe a few things more than some in this thread.

we are just a profiteering vehicle for Moshiri... its never been so evident mate.

I hate the fact the club will be lumbered with debt after he is long gone. I will cope with that if the stadium is truly iconic as suggested and world class.

i just hope he doesnt leave us with a half baked stadium with 52k capacity and having to service a debt for the next 35 years, whilst he wanders into the sun 5 x up what he has put into us.

@davek

we are just a profiteering vehicle for Moshiri... its never been so evident mate.

I hate the fact the club will be lumbered with debt after he is long gone. I will cope with that if the stadium is truly iconic as suggested and world class.

i just hope he doesnt leave us with a half baked stadium with 52k capacity and having to service a debt for the next 35 years, whilst he wanders into the sun 5 x up what he has put into us.

@davek

You're a crank, Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back