Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
I was as sceptical as anyone when we signed him, lazily taking at face value the United fan reaction to him and seeing only bits and bobs of him when playing.

In just half a season though you can see we've got a player. Must have been a confidence thing as he knocks the ball around well, positions himself very well and just all round makes us play better football. He's the anchor we needed in midfield to allow others to play and is one of the main reasons Rodwell has been sold. Not forgetting he's got a toebunger and a half on him. All for half a million, good business that.

Anyway, big season for him this year. He's made a good first impression so will be interesting to see if he really can kick on. Interesting quote from him here:

Goat is one bad fat tit.

Sorry meant this one:

“It is the first pre-season where I have come back really excited because I know I have a good chance of playing in nearly every game so I really hope it goes well.
“I just want to play as many games as possible, stay fit, score more goals – everything really. I am just looking forward to the first proper season of my career.â€￾

Hope he plays like he can, we've got a proper midfield if we keep hold of the afro'd one.

I like Gibson.

Of course there are an element of our fans who will probably say he is rubbish because they expect us to have 11 world beaters Nil Satis....etc.

Reality is, he does a dirty boring job and allows others players to do stuff.

Please see: Lee Carsley and Tommy Graveson.

Toe bung!

Hopefully he can kick on. Players like him are underrated you need players who go about their job professionally and tidily who make the team tick and he can shoot a rocket too.

This guy an example of why you should write clearly and of a size that doesn't require squinting to read.

That, or the perfect example of why registrars should have regular eye tests.

A Mr D Brown is also affected.

Just goes to show what ****e football fans spout about these "****e" players that United bring through their system.

Their are NO bad players to come out of that system, at that level.

I know exactly what is required, even to just get through at uner 8's level.

Players may not fit other systems, or not be happy with surroundings and 'culture's but they are not bad players at that level.

Always been a fan, he's a hub to play football through and a steal at £500k.
Schooled well at United, but with the weight of talent around him was never going to get the opportunity to play week in, week out which led to complacency and laziness.

What he managed from January onwards despite not being fit was exceptional. I'm expecting great things from him this season. He's a proper footballer.

I find it hard to warm to players whose role in the team is to mop up.

If he can build on some of his promising attributes, like his striking of the ball and a surprising one I started to notice, his long rage passing, then he can become a real quality player.

I like him though. He tries to play decent football and he gets stuck in too. Good lad is Darron.

I find it hard to warm to players whose role in the team is to mop up.

If he can build on some of his promising attributes, like his striking of the ball and a surprising one I started to notice, his long rage passing, then he can become a real quality player.

I like him though. He tries to play decent football and he gets stuck in too. Good lad is Darron.

Just because you said he would be proper, proper sh*te when we were linked with him mate.

Swallow that pride and admit he's boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back