Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Gibbo, Does his job well and him and Felli click unlike Felli/Arteta or Felli/Rodwell.
He does the Stuff that you need to be succesful. Hopefully he'll kick on and bury some boss 40 yarders this season.
Up the Gibbo. Oh and i like him that much he has a place on my Twitter bio :P

Just because you said he would be proper, proper sh*te when we were linked with him mate.

Swallow that pride and admit he's boss.

Koff lad.

I never said he was a bad player.

He was as I said, in a way, Rodwell's fraction of the price/talent replacement though.

I stand by that. Jack Rodwell will become a far better player than Darron Gibson, and I'd have had Rodwell over Darron long term.

But Rodwell is gone, Darron's here. He's Irish, he's a good lid, he has confidence at least. Hopefully a good season lies ahead for him.

he's an everton centre midfielder if ever there was one, goes about his business quietly and well. was happy when we signed him tbh, thought half a mill was a bargain and didn't really constitute to a risk. sadly, he'll be joined by charlie ****ing adam in centre mid next season

In terms of how we set up our team and the shape of it I reckon he is one of if not the most important player we have. We seem to struggle when he isnt in the side.

He aint flashy but does a lot of work on the sly that enables us to keep balanced and frees up Fellaini.

In terms of how we set up our team and the shape of it I reckon he is one of if not the most important player we have. We seem to struggle when he isnt in the side.

He aint flashy but does a lot of work on the sly that enables us to keep balanced and frees up Fellaini.

All very true mate, the thing is though he can be flashy he has that in his locker, ive seen it and him play as an attacking midfielder. I think he played within himself last season, keepiong tothe task at hand, defo more to come from him, he has a range of passing, vision and ability we havnt seen a lot of so far and he really hasnt been let loose on set peices or having a crack on goal or frees yet.

He can be a lazy git though.

Koff lad.

I never said he was a bad player.

He was as I said, in a way, Rodwell's fraction of the price/talent replacement though.

I stand by that. Jack Rodwell will become a far better player than Darron Gibson, and I'd have had Rodwell over Darron long term.

But Rodwell is gone, Darron's here. He's Irish, he's a good lid, he has confidence at least. Hopefully a good season lies ahead for him.

WardellPiperComeOnBackToMama-BackTracking1983.gif

For a long time whatever player was in Gibbo's position was looking for the easy pass sideways or backwards. He always looks up and tries to go forward first. It means we attack sides before they can all get back into position and puts a bit of urgency into our play.

Lat season his passing was a bit all over the place which I reckon was down to a lack of proper football. I can see that improving and I can see him chipping in with five or six goals as well.

Hopefully a full pre-season and regular games will improve his mobility too but I'm not too confident on that score.

Well worth what we paid.

When we signed him i wasnt happy, i thought there was no need to waste money on a player whose position we already have filled, but im always going to allow a player to have a chance in the blue shirt. He really impressed me. Simple but effective is the best way i feel to describe Darron Gibson. Also, he allows Fellaini to have a lot of freedom and that has clearly brought out the best in him, so if he can make Fellaini even more of a beast then im happy.

Gibbo's a beast.

He gets the best from those around him and can knock the ball around real nice.

He also has magical powers that prevent him from losing Premier League matches.

Nothing would satisfy me more than him bossing the game on Monday as Fergie watches on and realises he still hasn't improved the centre of midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back