Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear that you weren't the only one who jumped the gun, you certainly aren't alone in your thinking. The point I am making isn't solely directed at you. But I'd like to compare the reactions of some of our supporters when signing Gibson and Bilyaletdinov.

Gibson, a product of United's academy, done reasonably well when playing for United and it's "Please God, no".

Bilyaletdinov, he has a foreign sounding name and delivered two decent crosses against Athens, "He's ****ing boss lad, the next Kevin Sheedy"

Yet the 'donkey' which is Darron Gibson has become the glue which holds the team together, and Billy has been facked right off.

I have also seen Fellaini and Neville play an awful lot, and we both know were we stand on that one, so there's no point re-hashing an old argument.

But the way some people go on about Neville you would think he was an utter donkey, not an esteemed graduate of United's greatest ever youth set up. Neville is never going to score a Bilyaletdinov wonder goal, but I've seen him do a great job of protecting his defence, on numerous occasions.

I don't see why those two things conflict.

Is he a graduate of United's greatest ever youth set up ? Yup.
Is he a bit s***e ? Yup.

I don't see why those two things conflict.

Is he a graduate of United's greatest ever youth set up ? Yup.
Is he a bit s***e ? Yup.

You think he is shiite, yet people with far more footballing knowledge hold him in high esteem.

I can't be arsed having that crap argument where I refer to him representing England in major tournaments, and his success in Europe with United etc.

So lets just leave it at you think he is shiite, whilst Moyes, Alex Ferguson, Harry Redknapp and plenty of other managers hold him in high regard.

Im probably in the minority but I think we need to look beyond Gibson. Think hes a decent squad filler but for our midfield to really do something a creative influence in there who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the play.

At the moment I think hes ok but not going to be a world beater

I wasn't keen on some of his earlier performances but once he got into his stride there was no looking back. I still see people giving him that "boring, goes about his buisness" tag. I can't say I agree with that, he's not the Irish Makelele, I see a good passer with qualities you'd associate with a deep lying playmaker. He's got a picture in his head, sees runners early and releases the ball quickly, at pace. He'll have to do it over a longer period than he has done but I'm looking forward to seeing his development.

Im probably in the minority but I think we need to look beyond Gibson. Think hes a decent squad filler but for our midfield to really do something a creative influence in there who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the play.

At the moment I think hes ok but not going to be a world beater

What your sayin is correct in a way.

But football changes all the time, most teams now play at least 1 holding midfielder, sometimes even 2 and use the old fashioned wingers like inside forwards.

The creativity is meant to come from the player in the hole who mostly has a free role.

So I personally dont think Gibson is the problem, the main problem is lacking the creative spark in the hole.

You think he is shiite, yet people with far more footballing knowledge hold him in high esteem.

I can't be arsed having that crap argument where I refer to him representing England in major tournaments, and his success in Europe with United etc.

So lets just leave it at you think he is shiite, whilst Moyes, Alex Ferguson, Harry Redknapp and plenty of other managers hold him in high regard.

Tell me this then, how many of those three managers listed would play Neville in midfield ? I've got no real problem with playing Neville at RB, it's playing him in Midfield where the game bypasses him which is absurd.

Moyes is the same manager who thinks Osman is proper boss on the wing and thought Cahill was the best player to put behind the striker last season.

Neville is never going to score a Bilyaletdinov wonder goal.

Every goal he's scored for us (whether he meant it or not) were all absolute blockbusters.

Even that technically floated chip against Bolton where Jaskelainen forgot he could use his hands was sick.

I know i'm being an arse but i'm just pointing out that Pip's goals are proper boss.

Tell me this then, how many of those three managers listed would play Neville in midfield ?

Lol.

Ferguson played him in midfield, and United fans still harp on about him bossing Patrik Viera to this day.

Moyes plays him in midfield, and he did brilliantly there last season alongside Gibson.

Who knows with Redknapp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back