Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were only spared because of the quality of some above the above quotes mate, on a normal transfer you'd have been there (along with me probably).

The Titus Bramble one is my favourite personally.

*remembers never to comment on a new signing until they've played a few matches

Every goal he's scored for us (whether he meant it or not) were all absolute blockbusters.

Even that technically floated chip against Bolton where Jaskelainen forgot he could use his hands was sick.

I know i'm being an arse but i'm just pointing out that Pip's goals are proper boss.

Fine by me.

I rate Neville even though his time at the top will be coming to an end soon.

I just rate him more for his ability to protect his defence, rather than his repertoire of netbusting screamers.

Lol.

Ferguson played him in midfield, and United fans still harp on about him bossing Patrik Viera to this day.

Moyes plays him in midfield, and he did brilliantly there last season alongside Gibson.

Who knows with Redknapp?

I'm talking present day, not 10 years ago lad.

And the bolded part. Priceless.

I'm talking present day, not 10 years ago lad.

And the bolded part. Priceless.

I'm not being funny mate, but if you are incapable of seeing how effective Neville and Gibson were, with Fellaini in front of them, at the end of last season, then there is no hope for you.

I still see him doing ridiculous things that turn into mistakes, it's like he suddenly forgets that he's a footballer for a second and becomes unable to control his body. I feel like he's too eager sometimes to get contact with the ball, so much so that he has the wrong body shape when he gets it. He is typically well trained in the structure of passing though, you can see that clearly as you can with most Manchester United players. Hopefully the more time he's on the pitch the more he'll get into the groove and find some consistency in his play.

I'm not being funny mate, but if you are incapable of seeing how effective Neville and Gibson were, with Fellaini in front of them, at the end of last season, then there is no hope for you.

Obama-laugh_1400296i.jpg

You definitely are being funny, just not intentionally.

Yes, and Neville's deterioration won't be far away given his age.

But it hasn't happened yet, and last season proves this.

I still see him doing ridiculous things that turn into mistakes, it's like he suddenly forgets that he's a footballer for a second and becomes unable to control his body. I feel like he's too eager sometimes to get contact with the ball, so much so that he has the wrong body shape when he gets it. He is typically well trained in the structure of passing though, you can see that clearly as you can with most Manchester United players. Hopefully the more time he's on the pitch the more he'll get into the groove and find some consistency in his play.

Pretty much this.

His passes are woeful, he's far too slow when in possession of the ball in terms of actually moving it up the pitch, and some of the basic mistakes he makes like kicking the ball into touch rather than down the line (did it several times when playing at RB behind Donovan) are unacceptable at this level.

He does a job, no more no less. I think this season hopefully, we will have better options but he's useful when he's not teeing up another lofted chip.

I personally feel Fellainis best role is the busy box to box midfield position. Played in there with a good play maker who can lie deeper and dicate the play I think we would be mustard.

I hate to say that Moutinho would fit the bill.

It happened about two years ago when his legs went noticably slower. Before that, especially alongside Arteta, he was a perfectly capable midfielder. He did a decent job in there towards the end of the season and Gibson's ability to make longer passes complimented him more so than Fellaini and Rodwell, but we can do miles better in my opinion.

Fellaini, Osman and Gibson in the middle would be a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back