Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see him doing ridiculous things that turn into mistakes, it's like he suddenly forgets that he's a footballer for a second and becomes unable to control his body. I feel like he's too eager sometimes to get contact with the ball, so much so that he has the wrong body shape when he gets it. He is typically well trained in the structure of passing though, you can see that clearly as you can with most Manchester United players. Hopefully the more time he's on the pitch the more he'll get into the groove and find some consistency in his play.

Are you talking about Neville or Gibson Mate?

Pretty much this.

His passes are woeful, he's far too slow when in possession of the ball in terms of actually moving it up the pitch, and some of the basic mistakes he makes like kicking the ball into touch rather than down the line (did it several times when playing at RB behind Donovan) are unacceptable at this level.

I think he's talking about Gibson, and being overly harsh. No one cares about back headers Brownie, only you.

I personally feel Fellainis best role is the busy box to box midfield position. Played in there with a good play maker who can lie deeper and dicate the play I think we would be mustard.

Not being a tit, but didn't we try this to no avail with Arteta?

I was talking about Gibson, it's a Darron Gibson thread isn't it.

Yes

Pretty much this.

His passes are woeful, he's far too slow when in possession of the ball in terms of actually moving it up the pitch, and some of the basic mistakes he makes like kicking the ball into touch rather than down the line (did it several times when playing at RB behind Donovan) are unacceptable at this level.

:lol:

Yeah, because only Neville's dad rates him.

That's why he has been playing at the very top level for his entire career.

If someone with Neville's ability was a 25 year old signing with no leadership ability or media posing from an average team he would not play.

Discuss.

Signing of last season for me, seriously. I see how much he contributes to the side, keeps us neat and tidy in the middle and does a lot of work off the ball. Pienaar seems to take all the credit for changing the way we played in the second part of last season but Gibson was a big part in that too.

He's an unsung hero already for me. Not too mention him and Fellaini compliment one another perfectly it would seem.

Also scored my favourite goal of last season, so yeah, massive fan!

If someone with Neville's ability was a 25 year old signing with no leadership ability or media posing from an average team he would not play.

Discuss.

OK I will discuss your stupid statement.

I think your statement is stupid, and I think Neville gets selected on his all-round footballing ability, which does include leadership qualities, but also includes an ability to proficiently protect his defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back