Dave Hickson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met him outside the ground, near the players entrance, after match a few seasons ago, he was always happy to talk "Everton"
I told him this was my lads first game, with that he told us to follow him, within minutes we were with the players getting autographs and having photos taken, something my lad will never forget. Thanks Davy RiP mate:(

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

He was such a nice man and an Evertonian through and through, he'll be really missed around the club.

I've had this shirt since 2007, picture is from our pre season match against Bury. Just before I'd taken my Great Grandad for a tour of Goodison as Hickson was one of his favourite all time players.

Rest in peace Dave, you're an Everton Legend.

Last edited:

My wife and I got the goodision tour done with Dave and also met him after a match outside the winslow.A gentleman and he bleed blue blood.RIP DAVE!!!

His famous quote is at the start of this video:

[video=youtube;cYNoiLcAr38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYNoiLcAr38[/video]

I'm getting a tad emotional here!

A true loss to Everton football club and the youngsters who are slowly losing access to people who understand how special our club is.

I hope I can be half the Blue he was...I'll have done well.

everton1959.jpg

RIP true legend, was never in the game for money. He play because he loved the game . I wish today's footballers would take a leaf out of this man's book. The club should now honour this giant of a man.

A true loss to Everton football club and the youngsters who are slowly losing access to people who understand how special our club is.

Yes..and theres one thing that you can be absolutely certain of, because we are Everton. The passing of Dave Hickson will be marked in an appropriate manner, and while the words from the chairman will be emotional, they will be a true expression of feeling.

Only just found this out.

Very very sad.

Only ever heard brilliant things about this man.

Legend forever.

RIP Cannonball Kid

Sad news indeed. A true Everton Legend and I've never heard a bad word said about the man. R.I.P. Dave Hickson.

Status
Not open for further replies.