David Henen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henen is a difficult one. He appears to have developed physically over the past year, has scored a couple of good goals this season, including a fine left foot finish from a narrow angle the other night. But a year ago he was running 50 yards to score a fine individual goal with his left against Spurs U23s, and you have to say that although he's got a terrific left foot for goal scoring, he hasn't got enough goals to show he's kicked on. We're short of a goalscoring striker fir the U23s , I'd try Henen in that role see if he can play direct , through the middle and score more goals. At the moment he's way down the list of young attackers we have on our books all waiting for a chance ..... and already in and around the first team squad. This is his fourth season with us, time to make that step up or be moved on.

Henen not involved with the u23's tonight, and his twitter suggests he may be with the first team on Thursday. Seems to have done well with the u23's this season. Surely can't be worse than what we've seen this season... I hope the lad gets a chance, his pace is much needed!

Henen not involved with the u23's tonight, and his twitter suggests he may be with the first team on Thursday. Seems to have done well with the u23's this season. Surely can't be worse than what we've seen this season... I hope the lad gets a chance, his pace is much needed!
I don't think soft ollies has even included him or Niasse in the EL squad,Rooney,Calvert-Lewin and Ramirez were our only three strikers listed I'm sure:)

I'm not sure he's in the Europa league squad. Ron didn't consider strikers necessary

Unsy said he was resting players to give others a chance, and he’s much more likely to have been rested for Fridays u23match than Thursday.

I really don’t rate him personally.

..he didn’t set the world alight at Fleetwood but that was a few seasons ago. I think he could cope physically, he’s pacy and he’s really filled out. He also seems to have something about him regarding attitude but I agree that from an ability perspective he remains unconvincing.

If Unsworth does step up it’ll be interesting if any of the U23s are promoted. Both CBs are promising but probably not ready. Beningime would have to leapfrog many ahead of him and his passing ability really needs to improve. Not sure there’s a stand out with many of the more obvious ones out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back